• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Bubba

Bubba

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

Probably because a whole lot of guilds have a crapton of Core Leather rotting away in their banks - this is at least a useful way of getting rid of it.

#22 Lavode

Lavode

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

For engineering, the "no tought required" choice for skilling up is repair bots. Craptonnes of repair bots. It goes yellow at 320, and grey at 340, so personally, I am planning to make 50 or so and mail the lot to an alt. Why? because they wont be wasted. Doesn't matter how many I make, eventually I will use them all. Now, to stock up 50 fused wirings...

#23 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

I don't know how bad felsteel will be to get, so I've stacked a twinkload of Thorium and will make a lot of imperal plate chests for the first 20 skill points.

#24 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:56 PM

I was thinking of stockpiling to level jewel crafting.
But it looks like the entire playerbase is planning to do that so I might just not bother.
To err is human

#25 Cimic

Cimic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

Agreed, Judia. There have been far too many people who've got magic gold coins dancing in their eyes when talking about the profits they'll make in the expansion.

The guides that have been out for a while are pretty well known and just about everytime the conversation comes up someone confidently advises the group that they've "dropped herbalism on my alt and are levelling up mining to stockpile ores/bars/gems for jewelcrafting".
---

I think it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the current popular items to be replaced and assign stockpiling priorities accordingly. For instance, Brilliant Wizard Oils look like they'll be replaced pretty quickly since the mats for Superior Wizard Oil look pretty easy. Whereas the Major Spellpower weapon enchant looks like it'll be difficult to obtain, the mats look tough to accumulate, so I'd guess that the demand for the normal Spellpower enchant for weapons may be around for a bit.

#26 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:49 AM

hmm, wicked leather belt seems like the answer for leatherworking. amusingly enough, i just got the pattern today in a strat money run, and i'm stocking up on rugged leather on my alt.

thorium shells got shifted to grey out at 305 rather than 325, so they're definitely not the choice for engineering. i was thinking thorium tubes, but i definitely like the idea of repair bots - they have value beyond just being something to grind out levels on, though i doubt the materials will drop in value any time soon, unfortunately :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users