Both elemental and enhancement shamans are supported.
What is it?
The Team Robot site combines two theorycrafting tools that many of you may already be familiar with: a simulator, and a gear ranking tool. Simulators attempt to simulate the actual game, and then use statistics to draw conclusions. Gear ranking tools use these conclusions, or conclusions that have been worked out manually, to rank gear by how much it will increase your DPS.
By combining a simulator and a gear comparer into one tool, you get the best of both worlds: easy gear rankings backed up by a simulator. Some items are very difficult to estimate, such as certain trinkets. If an estimate looks off, all you have to do with the Team Robot tool is press the Simulate button -- no back-and-forth with the developers, no relying on some guy's estimate of how the proc should be averaged out: a powerful and accurate tool for answering hard questions is always just one click away.
- Completely web-based: no downloading, installing, or updating! (Requires Microsoft Silverlight. Tested and works with IE, FF, Chrome on Windows, and FF, Safari on Mac.)
- Load your characters from the armory
- Easy, visual interface for customizing talents, gear, gems, enchants, glyphs, and buffs
- Powerful rotation editor that allows you to create your own priority-based DPS rotations
- Save versions of your entire character, sets of gear, talent specs, and rotations
- Easily share any of your saved data with a simple yet effective import/export feature
- Detailed, visual simulation summary and searchable combat log
- Ranks gear, gems, and enchants using a DPS estimation technique that extrapolates the value of items from millions of cached simulation runs.
Details for Elemental
The default rotation used in the simulator is a simple priority list. We are aware that there is discussion around more complicated rotations, but we did not find them to perform significantly better than the most basic rotation. Depending on how much haste you have and if the fight is really short, using chain lightning will usually give a DPS boost, but it is very small (1-2%).
Searing totem is a pretty huge boost for elemental, but the default rotation does not use it, assuming that you have to keep a totem of wrath down. A pre-defined rotation that uses searing totem has been provided: in the ROTATION section at the top-right of the UI, click on CUSTM. then in the COPY FROM drop-down list, choose "Elemental w/ Searing Totem", then click the COPY button. (Edit: the pre-defined rotation with searing totem is not on the live site yet, I'm having a little difficulty connecting to my host's ftp server. You can add searing totem to the rotation manually for now: note that the simulator treats it like a DoT, and that you should add a condition to only re-cast the totem if the target does not have the searing totem "DoT".)
Details for Enhancement
By default, it uses windfury MH, flametongue OH. If you would like to change this, in the ROTATION section click on CUSTM, which will give you a copy of the default rotation. You will then see two drop-down lists for the MH and OH shaman enchants.
We hope that you find the site useful. We welcome any feedback, positive or negative. You can post here, or on our own forum if you need technical support.