• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

Can you confirm from the snipped data that the EnhSim DAMAGE is right but the UPTIME is wrong? ie: is it a problem that its showing the wrong damage or is it that the uptime calc is displaying wrongly?

I took a quick look... it might just be an error in the up-time report. The report gives these numbers for searing totem (this is a slightly different run: it is using the exact same priority as the default in the Team Robot simulator, but with searing totem instead of magma, using the character Annhilate of Spinebreaker):

Searing Totem:
miss                0              0.00%
hit                 453642         56.24%
crit                352994         43.76%

searing totem uptime           39.10%
                    DPS                 PPM       MPS
searing totem       265.63    2.89%

I guess those are numbers of casts? If I take the sim duration (1000 hours * 60 min * 60 sec) and divide by the fight duration (5 min * 60 sec) to get 12,000 runs. Then if I do 453642+352994 / 12000, I get 67.2.

With the same setup (character, priority order), the Team Robot summary produces these numbers for searing totem:

Searing Totem
3.0% total damage
1162 avg damage
787 avg hit damage
1647 avg crit damage
43.6% crit rate
69 casts
58.5% up time

So it looks like the number of casts and percent damage is pretty close, which would indicate that it's just the report that is showing the wrong number. The 1 or 2 extra casts that Team Robot gets is probably a minor artifact of the simulators using different decision logic implementations.

#62 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

A 3.3.3 beta is now available:

Team Robot Wow Simulator Beta

Read the patch notes for the full details: WoW Simulator Change Log

Please post in the following thread if you would like to see a change or bug fix incorporated into the beta -- you will get a much faster turn-around from us: 3.3.3.

Quick notes for shamans: glyph of flame shock was implemented to give a 60% crit damage bonus, even though the tooltip still has the old 3.3.2 text. Let me know if that is not what it actually does on the PTR... I haven't had time to get on the PTR myself, I just used wowhead's ptr section. I was also not clear on how the 2T9 flame shock extension works with haste now. I made it add exactly 3 ticks instead of a static 9 seconds. I also made 4T10 always add exactly 2 ticks when lava burst hits. Let me know if any of these assumptions are not correct.

Also, gear rankings/estimates have not been updated for 3.3.3, just the simulator! Press the simulate button on the beta site!

#63 epamafia

epamafia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Did a couple sims and found this quite pratical.
A few things I missed.
A way to limit the lists of gear and gems like a thru a filter: item lvl stats etc. Making it faster and easier to pick stuff.

Warnings would also a good thing to implement. For when under expertise cap, hit cap ( you could include the crit cap formula here), warning if meta gem is not activated ( no blue gem equipped).

Also noticed that it says im not expertise capped on stats. I see it uses the blood fury in the sims and it its working like I am capped but doesnt show it on char stats.

Thank you for your effort and keep up the good work,

P.S. Pardon any english error, I´m a bit rusty.
Pardon any misspells

#64 revulva

revulva

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for checking it out and taking time to post suggestions.

Improved/Expanded filters on the item lists is definitely a feature we plan to work in.

I like the idea of having some warnings that could show on the UI if you are under certain important numbers, such as the hit or expertise cap. We'll put it on the list as a UI enhancement to work in once we have all the classes implemented.

We'll look into the character stats not displaying expertise from blood fury.

#65 Tharrag

Tharrag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

There is something wierd in the enhancement model. So it always shows me that the is the best especially for yellow sockets and the is always 23th orso.
I think there is a bug with haste-rating cause the tool shows me that has less dps than in the list of totems. But when i simulating the haste totem is just the better one as indented. Same with the Gems when i have enough hit for my crit rating and of course hit cap, the haste gems simulating a better dps than the hit gems, but the tool always shows hit gems are the best dps.

Sry for my english i hope you can comprehend.

#66 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

It's possible that hit rating is being over-valued by the estimates once you go over the 8% "soft cap" -- I'll take a look at them and see if anything needs tweaking.

As for the totems... this probably ties into some of the other estimates: it's possible that the estimates are either slightly undervaluing haste, or slightly overvaluing attack power. I'll see if I can determine what's going on, and make some tweaks.

#67 epamafia

epamafia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

We'll look into the character stats not displaying expertise from blood fury.

My phrasing was not very good and led you into error. When I meant was that the sim used blood fury (ap buff), it was for proving that the sim detected my char as an orc. Expertise comes from Axe Specialization racial. Which is accounted for in the sim but not displayed on char stats.

About the the ranking of gear and especially gems, its quite off, I simply ignored it, until the stat ranking is fixed or we can filter them.
Pardon any misspells

#68 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:59 AM

Weapon-specific expertise buffs like axe specialization will not show up in your expertise total, as they are specific to the hand that is holding the weapon, and not to your "generic" expertise total. As you saw, when the simulation actually runs, it applies the expertise bonus to the hand that is holding the weapon of the proper type.

#69 Miril

Miril

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

I've posted an update with some tweaks and bug fixes. The full list of changes is at: WoW Simulator Change Log.

- I noticed in some of the threads that people rate very highly for enhancement. I must not have some of my information correct, because my simulations are not showing it doing very good DPS at all. For the normal version, my simulations show it charging up and attacking roughly every 8-10 seconds (charges build off of any melee attack [auto, stormstrike, lava lash, etc.] with a 45% proc rate) or about 33 procs in a 5-minute fight. It uses a 50% chance to hit with MH or OH, and I'm using normalized weapon damage. I'm also assuming that it cannot trigger windfury or flametongue, or any other proc for that matter.

With those assumptions... it's not a very good trinket. Are some of those assumptions incorrect?

I didn't see any response to this so -

Bitty Bom Jar *does proc* FT and can proc WF when it is triggered by the appropriate hands.

#70 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

Thanks miril -- I more or less assumed as much, otherwise there would be no way that it could be ranked very highly as a good DPS trinket. I think that FT and WF are triggering off of tiny abom on the live version, but I'd have to double check. I know for certain that it is in my latest test version, which will be posted shortly after 3.3.3 goes live.

#71 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

3.3.3 changes have been posted! A full list of changes is at:

WoW Simulator Change Log

Please note that gear estimates for enhancement are still slightly favoring AP too highly (and/or haste not enough), though it's a tad closer now. Following Mr. Robot's gem suggestions will give you pretty good DPS, but it could be slightly less than optimal for certain gear levels (my tests showed it to be about 0.2-0.5% less than an "optimal" gem setup for certain characters, or about 20-50 DPS for a well-geared player -- so definitely not a huge deal, but worth noting). Make sure to double-check gem choices with an actual run of the simulation until we can determine where the inaccuracy is creeping into the estimates.

#72 Moshne

Moshne

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 2656 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

is still showing as an mp5 item for Ele. It was switched to crit/haste shortly after Lich King went live.

Also, are there any plans to support Demonic Pact? Using the ToW values for +spell power is extremely inaccurate for modeling, as most raids maximizing their buffs will be using a Demo Lock at this point, giving drastically different buffing numbers.

EDIT:
Also, adding in Fire Elemental to the custom Searing totem rotation (before Searing Totem) gives a decrease/very minor increase in DPS. It appears to not be using his melee damage or his fire shield in the damage totals.

- 13/13 HM -25m - W/Th/Sun 8-12 CST LF Mistweaver
www.somethingwickedguild.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users