Undocumented 2.0 changes/features/bugs

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:16 AM

* Alliance gets shaman-drops (Ten Storms etc), Horde gets paladin-drops (Lawbringer etc).

* Frost trap bugged for hunters, snare does not go away after leaving the trap radius (thanks for this Blizzard).

* AV turn-ins boosts your Draenei/Blood Elf reputations.

* New loading-screens chokka full of scantily-clad females. Urgh.

* Bank items/slots disappearing for quite a few people.

* Group events cause a metallic clicking sound to fire.

Edits:

This is for US realms, EU realms will be up in approximately 4 hours. I don't expect EU realms to recieve a "better" patch however. Hopefully the bank issue will be fixed before EU realms are opened.

Drysc on new drops:

"This patch introduces almost all of the features/changes that affect the game as a whole for the expansion release, without the expansion actually being released. As announced previously with the expansion delay this patch will have a much longer lead time before the expansion releases. The new changes and features, we felt, were more than worth going ahead and releasing it around the same time we were going to anyway so that everyone could enjoy them sooner rather than later."

http://forums.worldo...=52857543&sid=1

The bank-issue is being hotfixed, rolling restarts for all realms.

Drysc again:

"We will be issuing rolling restarts for all realms on Wednesday, December 6 at 2:00 AM PST in order to apply a fix for an issue affecting bank bag slots. We estimate each realm to be down for approximately 15 minutes once restarted.

Please be aware that this fix will not replace items already affected by this issue. If you have already been affected please contact the Game Master department for assistance by opening an in-game ticket or e-mailing [email protected]"

http://forums.worldo...=53255347&sid=1

Drysc on clicks:

"I just got some information back and the tick sound is a known issue and is currently slated to be fixed in the next patch."

http://forums.worldo...&sid=1&pageNo=2 <- one month of CLICKCLICKARGH then?

#2 manly

manly

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:24 AM

http://forums.elitis...hp?id=8979&p=42

this is like, totally killing fire mages

I don't know the serverstatus of the american servers atm, but there are various reports on the EU forums saying that ignite is completly broken again.

http://img143.images...firemagexy1.jpg

It won't stack at all.

Apparently, this talent was once a 100% upfront one back in beta but was nerfed into the 4 second bullshit we have to this date because of combusted pyroblasts being tossed out of invis at players with an average of 2000 hp two years ago.
It also constantly breaks with every other patch and is now (imo) completly useless in PvP now that it can't roll anymore.

Is it just me thinking we should get a proper critbonus for once? I'm not entirely sure that even TBC health pools and resilience can handle all this damage fully upfront, but maybe if we got, say (warning: arbitrary numbersS) 10-20% more damage upfront and another 5-15% as a two-second dot?

Does anyone see the use of this talent remaining this way in TBC with resilience and high stamina pools coming up?
Keeping it as a DoT or making it upfront doesn't matter at all in PvE, it'd only be better to get it upfront. This is all a PvP question.
Personally I believe that keeping ignite like it is today will hit the fire tree hard pvp-wise a few months into TBC when people are starting to get decent resilience and stamina gear.

Convince me that "it's fine, l2p" !

and to make things worse, the ignite is shared amongst mages.
<Eej> YOU"RE GONNA PULL
<Eej> IF YOU SQUEEZE OFF ANOTHER ARCANE BLAST
<Spectear> You've obviously never played with Manly.
<Spectear> That's hardly a reason to stop DPS.
Very Manly Staff

#3 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:35 AM

Wait, wait. The EU servers isn't even up yet, there is like 4-5 more hours until maintenance ends.

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#4 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:38 AM

And? You're hoping we won't get the build they patched over there? :)

Edited my initial post for you.

#5 Jed

Jed

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

A couple prot war things:

-Shield Slam multidirectional functionality nerfed or bugged. You can't shield slam now if mob is behind you (chasing you etc.) This was a great way to get a good threat lock on a boss if you were MT, moving the boss into place, chrommag, noth, fankriss, anub, etc etc .. I hope this is a bug not a nerf. Wonder if Bloodthirst still works while not facing mob?

-lost 5 defense with the patch. Check your defense, tanks. pre-patch I was 441 using lgg with 5/5 (old-10)anticipation (more of course when using ony trink instead of lgg) ; was 438 after sinking 3/5 in (new-12) anticipation.

#6 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

What i meant, is that quote in 2nd post implies that this report is from live EU servers, and this cannot be.

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#7 Keltan

Keltan

Tayledras

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

Base UI seems to be really buggy to me.

Petbar doesn't show up after taming a new pet until you log out and then back in. (Dismiss/Resummon does nothing.)
Outlines for quickbuttons show up randomly and then won't go away unless you go into the interface settings and then back out.
Lots of other little annoying crap.
Looks like I may have to breakdown and get Perlbars or something if this is the level of quality Blizzard's default UI is going to be.

#8 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

*deleted - I'm dumb and can't read too well this early*

#9 Gumibear

Gumibear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:53 AM

My imp doesn't seem to be gaining any spell damage from my gear. All Firebolt hits land in the base Firebolt range. I have no points in talents that would improve the imp in any way. My succubus' Lash of Pain is also behaving similarly, though her auto attack is gaining AP through my spell damage.

#10 Siddown

Siddown

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:07 AM

The new built in Self Cast will heal yourself when a target is well within range...but only sometimes. Yet other times, you'll get Target out of Range Errors.

I'd suggest going back to a Self Cast Mod before playing again.

#11 RK

RK

Such a Cassandra

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:09 AM

* Alliance gets shaman-drops (Ten Storms etc), Horde gets paladin-drops (Lawbringer etc).

Is that Alliance gets shaman drops instead of paladin drops, or in addition to?

I guess the faction-specific-item loot system is about to become a thing of the past, but if it's the latter I guess it would show that the loot tables always contain the full load but can be programmed to "re-roll" a loot slot if it lands on the wrong faction item. If the former, it would suggest that there is some sort of Horde/Alliance switch for generating loot tables when an instance is created and they just messed up and reversed the switch.

I guess if some paladins are quick enough, they can quickly get in for some nice non-set mail pieces. Pity that we shaman can't equip the nice paladin healing loot that occupies the same slots as all our duplicate DPS belts, leggings and gloves.

#12 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:12 AM

The notes that were included in the patch include some changes that were not intended for this patch version. Please check the website for the most current patch notes.

http://www.worldofwa...com/patchnotes/

Druids didnt get all their toys and there is much bawling and gnashing of teeth.

Personal note:
I cant wait to see the backlash when all the nerfs on beta (but-not-on-live) come through on TBC release.
To err is human

#13 Zed

Zed

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:15 AM

My imp doesn't seem to be gaining any spell damage from my gear. All Firebolt hits land in the base Firebolt range. I have no points in talents that would improve the imp in any way. My succubus' Lash of Pain is also behaving similarly, though her auto attack is gaining AP through my spell damage.

That's a known bug from PTR, your Imp will only scale if you put points into Unholy Power or some other Demonology talent but I think it was UP...

#14 Gronx

Gronx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:22 AM

-Shield Slam multidirectional functionality nerfed or bugged. You can't shield slam now if mob is behind you (chasing you etc.) This was a great way to get a good threat lock on a boss if you were MT, moving the boss into place, chrommag, noth, fankriss, anub, etc etc .. I hope this is a bug not a nerf. Wonder if Bloodthirst still works while not facing mob?

-lost 5 defense with the patch. Check your defense, tanks. pre-patch I was 441 using lgg with 5/5 (old-10)anticipation (more of course when using ony trink instead of lgg) ; was 438 after sinking 3/5 in (new-12) anticipation.

Slightly offtopic, but try strafing with the mob insted, if you do it properly, you should be able to keep facing at the mob while running, resulting in the same speed, no dazes and the bonus of using all aggro skills + block, dodge and parry.

#15 Derketo

Derketo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:22 AM

15s cd on viper sting.
I'll be alright when we get to pass out time.

#16 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:30 AM

Water Elemental still isn't spawning with the correct HP/MP totals. :toot:

#17 Jed

Jed

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:42 AM

Slightly offtopic, but try strafing with the mob insted, if you do it properly, you should be able to keep facing at the mob while running, resulting in the same speed, no dazes and the bonus of using all aggro skills + block, dodge and parry.

and then lose the rage for the ss due to your block dodge and parry. Moving those listed bosses into place with over 440 def=you're not gonna get 1-shotted and you have several healers on you on the pull. Running at the boss, hitting bloodrage then sundering him, running thru and shieldslamming as the boss chases you and then often getting another ss in near the end of the run=better and more fun than the strafing game, with no real risk. It's not too fantastic either, irl you could have a shield on your arm, run past someone and whack 'em as you pass them or if they were behind you chasing you right on your tail, swing your arm out and smack 'em with that shield. Nothing too unrealistic about it. Why nerf it? I hope it's just a bug that gets fixed.

#18 Zed

Zed

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:44 AM

Water Elemental still isn't spawning with the correct HP/MP totals. :toot:

Actually none of the pets spawn with full hp and mana if that's what you mean.

#19 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:35 AM

Is that Alliance gets shaman drops instead of paladin drops, or in addition to?

I guess the faction-specific-item loot system is about to become a thing of the past, but if it's the latter I guess it would show that the loot tables always contain the full load but can be programmed to "re-roll" a loot slot if it lands on the wrong faction item. If the former, it would suggest that there is some sort of Horde/Alliance switch for generating loot tables when an instance is created and they just messed up and reversed the switch.

I guess if some paladins are quick enough, they can quickly get in for some nice non-set mail pieces. Pity that we shaman can't equip the nice paladin healing loot that occupies the same slots as all our duplicate DPS belts, leggings and gloves.

It seems to be in addition to, yes. Read the quote from Drysc under Edit, basically WoW 2.0 is TBC without access to the new continent or the new level cap. It seems woefully wasteful to get over a months worth of various completely useless loot assuming you'd raid as normal until the expansion. I honestly can't understand why they'd put this in now, hopefully they'll come to their senses and fix this. I'd croak if I saw double Ten Storms from Nef/Rag/Ony.

#20 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:46 AM

Presumably, they made the change for TBC, and the MC/BWL/etc drops are simply a by-product of a flag change.
To err is human

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users