Undocumented 2.0 changes/features/bugs

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

They should have waited until TBC for that change. There is no reason for it to happen now, unless they need a months worth of live testing done.

#22 Gogusrl

Gogusrl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:50 AM

i can see the outrage when kel starts droping paladin rings for horde and shaman rings for alliance. i hope the gm`s will replace them or something.

#23 squiffy

squiffy

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:02 AM

Display bug or something, but when respeccing the warrior had my char display open, and with 4/5 points in toughness my armour was showing well over 10k (8/8 wrath) but when I put the final point in it went back to 9.8k.

This patch is all kinds of fucking fucked up.

Good thing is though, that the additional bank slot is opened up, at 25g (max for any bag slot is 25g) and the initial bank has 4 more slots in it too.

#24 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:05 AM

Hunter base crit rate still bugged at around minus 1.5% according to the other thread :(

Also 4 piece CS bonus seems to bug out in some BGs like it did on PTR (not a surprise I guess), disappearing and not coming back.

#25 Emth

Emth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

This has to be the worst patch yet. It's amazing how much i'm still not looking forward to it despite craving the honour system changes for my alt.

Can anyone comment further on the ignite changes? That screenshot is pretty screwed up, but it looks like its from beta and not live.

#26 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hunter base crit rate still bugged at around minus 1.5% according to the other thread :(

Ah, I forgot, this was the reason I started looking into bugs and such. Heh.

I wonder how the first week of TBC is going to go down.

#27 know1

know1

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:36 AM

Divine Spirit doesn't use the "charge" from Inner Focus so you can Spirit people all day long :)

#28 Iskaral

Iskaral

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:39 AM

Divine Spirit doesn't use the "charge" from Inner Focus so you can Spirit people all day long :)

Bet this will be hotfixed soon while the game breaking bugs will remain at least a week. Anyone that can confirm that Patchwerk is impossible now?

#29 Morpheis

Morpheis

Green Skin

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

With +Defense skill affecting dodge/parry/block I'm seeing about a 6-7% increase in each of those stats as well as having higher total Armor and hit points before talents.

#30 krosanbeast

krosanbeast

Official Real Dr

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:02 AM

Bet this will be hotfixed soon while the game breaking bugs will remain at least a week. Anyone that can confirm that Patchwerk is impossible now?

We just got him to 1% but then the server restarted : /

But he did seem to be hitting a lot harder, our 3rd offtank took something like a 9.5k hateful strike and I seemed to be getting hit harder with toughness than I used to without.

#31 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#32 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

But he did seem to be hitting a lot harder, our 3rd offtank took something like a 9.5k hateful strike and I seemed to be getting hit harder with toughness than I used to without.

Did he payed attention to his mitigarion value on char sheet ?

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#33 RK

RK

Such a Cassandra

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:49 AM

I honestly can't understand why they'd put this in now, hopefully they'll come to their senses and fix this. I'd croak if I saw double Ten Storms from Nef/Rag/Ony.

We croak when we see double Ten Storms from Nef, Rag and Ony. Chest, legs and headpiece happen to be the three pieces where (for pure healing, at least) the Earthfury equivalent is hands down better.

Well, our guild wouldn't directly croak if we saw double Ten Storms from Nef because we never ever saw a Ten Storms BP from him ever and it would have been nice from a collector's point of view (obviously the RNG is borked, but we never got around to posting in WoW General about it, silly us).

But Horde guilds generally.

Given the amount of "overflow" and negative number errors popping up (talents messing up when raised to the full 5/5, hunter negative crit ratio, bank slots, mitigation formulae) it looks like something very fundamental is off in Blizzard's system. That or there's just a lot of similar errors being made, I guess. I've got no experience with coding; could there be some sort of "simple" underlying problem, or is Blizzard facing weeks of searching out a hundred individual bugs?

Hopefully this is the end of their policy of ignoring most of the PTR reports and shoving out the patch anyway, and the beginning of a new era of QA for them, just as the BWL debacle sparked a new era for their raid testing.

#34 Vhad

Vhad

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

This has to be the worst patch yet. It's amazing how much i'm still not looking forward to it despite craving the honour system changes for my alt.

Can anyone comment further on the ignite changes? That screenshot is pretty screwed up, but it looks like its from beta and not live.

I know that's how it worked on PTR, atleast from all the testing I did. It's god awful and I doubt I'll be fire for as long as it works like that.
What!?

#35 Decius

Decius

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

*snipes Paladin gear for Horde*

Yes, since the patch is a preperation for TBC, where you can roll all classes on all sides this was bound to happen. Imagine the joy of having two Judgement chests drop at Nefarian. Luckily it is no issue with AQ40 and Naxxramas due the token system.

#36 Hannes

Hannes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:10 PM

Hm, what about all those shiny Paladin/Shaman items like Librams/Totems, mail/plate with +spelldam/healing etc., do those drop as well?

#37 Maledict

Maledict

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

It is an issue in AQ40 - there are a couple of items that drop in AQ40 that are amde for Shaman / Paladin, but aren't class restricted. Currently they don't drop in an opposite faction raid - they will after this patch.

#38 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:13 PM

We croak when we see double Ten Storms from Nef, Rag and Ony. Chest, legs and headpiece happen to be the three pieces where (for pure healing, at least) the Earthfury equivalent is hands down better.

Atleast your guild will be able to equip the darn things. :P

I'd love to see one of our paladins in full Ten Storms.

Luckily it is no issue with AQ40 and Naxxramas due the token system.

In addition to the previously mentioned T3 rings, there is also some non-set shaman/paladin loot that you will at some point probably see. Not as big a problem as BWL/MC, but a problem nonetheless.

Edit: Beaten to the punch twice.

#39 Lok

Lok

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:17 PM

On the shield slam...I can land gouge as I run away from someone even though it is a front positional. You just jump, spin in the air, punch the move, complete your rotation, and land. You do this sort of thing all the time with hunter too.

#40 Emth

Emth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

Can anyone comment on this thread:

http://forums.worldo...=52937927&sid=1

The official pvp forums are about as bad as it's gets for stupidity but there does seem to be multiple reports. No doubt more bugs yay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users