• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#41 Bluefish

Bluefish

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

Purely alarmist as far as I can tell -- I did 4 hours of organized PvP and my honor screen says "~1650" for my estimated. Didn't actually try to buy anything, though...

#42 Guest_Adalys_*

Guest_Adalys_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:58 PM

Purely cosmetic in nature:
Bear and Cat form have new animations when performing certain actions (or I'm retarded and never noticed my bear scratching the ground while capping a flag in AB).

edit: Spelling

#43 Coireatie

Coireatie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:27 PM

Pawing the ground when using an item (including herbing, flag caps in AB, etc..) isnt new.

#44 Brissa

Brissa

Not enough rage

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

Purely cosmetic in nature:
Bear and Cat form have new animations when performing certain actions (or I'm retarded and never noticed my bear scratching the ground while capping a flag in AB).

edit: Spelling

Its been around for 2 patches or so

#45 Glass

Glass

besides... it's all in the reflexes.

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:38 PM

Can anyone comment on this thread:

http://forums.worldo...=52937927&sid=1

The official pvp forums are about as bad as it's gets for stupidity but there does seem to be multiple reports. No doubt more bugs yay.

I would comment on that particular thread, but the honor gain in general seems completely borked. I pvp'd all night last night winning several matches and getting about 20 av marks, 10 wsg marks and 15 ab marks and received 0 honor. It doesn't look like the system is tallying honor points at all at this point. What a waste. On the ptr doing the amount of pvp I did last night would have garnered me a good 7-8k honor points easily, maybe more.

#46 Halicon

Halicon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

A couple prot war things:

-Shield Slam multidirectional functionality nerfed or bugged. You can't shield slam now if mob is behind you (chasing you etc.) This was a great way to get a good threat lock on a boss if you were MT, moving the boss into place, chrommag, noth, fankriss, anub, etc etc .. I hope this is a bug not a nerf. Wonder if Bloodthirst still works while not facing mob?

-lost 5 defense with the patch. Check your defense, tanks. pre-patch I was 441 using lgg with 5/5 (old-10)anticipation (more of course when using ony trink instead of lgg) ; was 438 after sinking 3/5 in (new-12) anticipation.

Slightly offtopic, but try strafing with the mob insted, if you do it properly, you should be able to keep facing at the mob while running, resulting in the same speed, no dazes and the bonus of using all aggro skills + block, dodge and parry.

and then lose the rage for the ss due to your block dodge and parry. Moving those listed bosses into place with over 440 def=you're not gonna get 1-shotted and you have several healers on you on the pull. Running at the boss, hitting bloodrage then sundering him, running thru and shieldslamming as the boss chases you and then often getting another ss in near the end of the run=better and more fun than the strafing game, with no real risk. It's not too fantastic either, irl you could have a shield on your arm, run past someone and whack 'em as you pass them or if they were behind you chasing you right on your tail, swing your arm out and smack 'em with that shield. Nothing too unrealistic about it. Why nerf it? I hope it's just a bug that gets fixed.

And then get a few crushing blows for 3-4k each? If you are a prot tank that have been anywhere near the last bosses in naxx, you should know that you really don't want to turn your back to either of them, just one second might mean wiping the raid or killing the boss.
Also noticed mechanics with crushing blow and shield block that points that it isn't a pure 15% with max def, but rather also act like a ppm, but that's a bit too offtopic for this thread.

#47 Merlyn

Merlyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:59 PM

Dragon's Breath range and cone radius are about 50% larger than they were on PTR.
Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color, hold away despair.

http://ctprofiles.net/199927

#48 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

* New loading-screens chokka full of scantily-clad females. Urgh.

15s cd on viper sting.

Both are working as intended.

Anyway, who wouldn't want to see females on the loading screen?

#49 Acustar

Acustar

Soda Popinski

• Allied Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:02 PM

You can't use raid markers on Skeram anymore (they disapear at the 75/50/25% marks)

A lock in my guild spec'd Felguard, respec'd to Shadowfury, summoned a succubus and zoned into pvp, when he died he got the Felguard back. He fixed it somehow though.

Addons aren't a crutch, they're tools to be abused by skilled players to increase performance. Like a carpenter using a hammer, a fisherman using a lure, or Xi using curse words.

#50 Emth

Emth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

I've read on the US paladin forums that counterspell and other school locking abilities are no longer putting divine shield on cooldown, the thread quickly turned into a bunch of paladins saying 'Delete this damn thread!' and 'SHHHH' so I'm guessing it's true. Small change but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Whether it's a bug or working as intended is another matter. Personally it annoys me that that spell gets special treatment.

#51 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

Hm, what about all those shiny Paladin/Shaman items like Librams/Totems, mail/plate with +spelldam/healing etc., do those drop as well?

Assuming the blizzard devs coded it right, you should see the entire loot table of every boss now. So yes.

#52 Ghostz

Ghostz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:09 PM

Can anyone comment on this thread:

http://forums.worldo...=52937927&sid=1

The official pvp forums are about as bad as it's gets for stupidity but there does seem to be multiple reports. No doubt more bugs yay.

I would comment on that particular thread, but the honor gain in general seems completely borked. I pvp'd all night last night winning several matches and getting about 20 av marks, 10 wsg marks and 15 ab marks and received 0 honor. It doesn't look like the system is tallying honor points at all at this point. What a waste. On the ptr doing the amount of pvp I did last night would have garnered me a good 7-8k honor points easily, maybe more.

I did maybe 2 hours of organized pvp and my approximate honor showed as ~15... (in the 1500s, wierd that it can't fit a 4digit figure in the space). That was 2 AV wins and around 7-8 AB wins. The honor that I got for the night seemed to be way too much in comparison to the prices of GM weps, if you were getting 7-8k in ~4hrs of pvp, that would make a 1h gm wep take 10-12hrs of organized pvp? Seems pretty low, but hey, I'm not complaining.

#53 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

Some of these bugs have been around since beta and the PTR. With as much downtime as we had I am surprised and really flabbergasted that they couldn't work in some sort of fix for it.

I mean, things like the hunter -crit bug have been there for a very long while.

#54 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:20 PM

I don't think they meant for this to happen, something went awry during the patching so they went to plan B; patch older code just to stay on schedule. Hopefully the most gamebreaking issues will be hotfixed, but the hints given by Drysc suggest that we might be in the shitter until TBC.

#55 Hurri

Hurri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

Arenas were down for a good majority of the night for us, Did a clear up to and including the emps in AQ tonight, changes that were noticable.

1. Skeram - Raid Marking Dissapear at splits
2. Bug Family - No Change other than decursive and mages all pulling agro from threat change
3. Satura - Really Easy with the debuff limit change
4. Fankriss - Seems demo shout took a nerf with battleshout as we offtank the 3 pits with demo shouting warriors
5. Didnt bother with visc tonight
6. Huhu - Again mage threat changes hurt dps for the first 30% but the hot stacking seemed to change it
7. Emps - Nether protection lol for the first one. We had no working raid announce on the second and subsequent kill and CTmod doesnt allow changes mid combat. Hunters were shocking DPS on the emps and the tanks reported more damage taken from the emps, all in all made for a very slow kill from usual.

Frank dropped some crappy paly libram which was very annoying.....

Was a late start didnt bother with the rest tonight, not looking forward to nax tommorrow with the patchwerk changes either

#56 Ngita

Ngita

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

Cosmetic probably.

I got 1 av I got nothing at all for except 3 tokens for a win. 382 when I started and 382 when I was finished.
After the 3am Honor calc it showed ~3 for two hours then it went back to 382 after a couple of server restarts.

#57 zirky

zirky

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

You can start repping up Blood Elf and however the alliance race is spelled faction. There is a BE at the bulwark that gives you like 600 rep for walking around for a few minutes. I've heard there are others in Kargath and Stonard.

And why oh WHY did they have to make AV turn ins rep up BE faction?! As if repping up wasn't (un)enjoyable enough, why make me go to my own personal hell to do so?

Also, has anyone seen if there are new race quartermasters in game yet?

#58 Navaash

Navaash

professional amateur

• Guild Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:31 PM

Anyway, who wouldn't want to see females on the loading screen?

Do you really need to ask? :v:

* Group events cause a metallic clicking sound to fire.

This is absolutely the most annoying shit, because it also causes the game to stutter. I tried a game of AV last night and every time someone joined/left the battleground the game froze for 1/4 of a second while this sound played. And I have a fucking high-end Core 2 Duo system. Awesome.

#59 Roana

Roana

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:39 PM

The damage mitigation from armor at level 60 is substantially reduced (independent of class), at least on the character screen.

It appears as if damage mitigation were calculated as though armor were 6.5% lower than it actually is. That may have to do with the new formula for post-60 damage mitigation being retroactively used for level 60 characters, except I haven't been able to make the new formula fit the actual values.

Edit: After double-checking my calculations, it is actually just the new formula at work. In other words, damage mitigation against level 60 mobs and characters under the new systemis the same as against level 64.5 mobs under the old system. It can be expected (if the formula holds for existing encounters) that damage mitigation against a level 63 mob is then the same as against a level 77 mob under the old system, or about 10.6% more physical damage taken.

#60 Guest_Abi_*

Guest_Abi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:39 PM

7. Emps - Nether protection lol for the first one. We had no working raid announce on the second and subsequent kill and CTmod doesnt allow changes mid combat. Hunters were shocking DPS on the emps and the tanks reported more damage taken from the emps, all in all made for a very slow kill from usual.

Yeah, it's gonna be GG AFK autoshot on Emps. Luckily for me someone else always manages to aggro the bugs around the melee Emp, so I get quite a few multis in.

Offtopic, and this was mentioned further up, do pets bump off a player for the teleport aggro wipe? We've been using pets on them since we first started killing them, we haven't had any problems with it at all. I foolishly assumed it was ok to have them out, it actually didn't cross my mind that we (ie the hunters) might be screwing someone over by having them clawing up that skanky elf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users