• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 tiberion02

tiberion02

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:33 AM

Our guild is lucky enough to run with 4 tree of life druids after this patch. Four of us in the same party is pretty amazing HoTing (can keep up PW MT with Rejuv/regrowth) only

The question I have is, does anyone have a particulary good HoT timer. The number of ticks I've prolly wasted by casting to early is getting pretty hefty. Back before 2.0 I used Carnival for HoT timers, but it was kinda mediocre due to the fact that you couldnt see when you applied a HoT if the same type was already up.
Anti-Gonk.
Steam: http://steamcommunit...m/id/tiberion02
360: Tiberion02
PSN: Tiberion02
ME3 (Origin): Tiberion02 (I wanna play this!)

#2 Evert

Evert

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:41 AM

I was looking for one as well. I used to use countMoon but it hasn't been updated either.
\"Listen, I\'m trying to have a serious conversation about ferret bras and you are not listening\"

#3 Tibor

Tibor

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:47 AM

Have you tried Chronometer? It's a CandyBars timer for HoTs, DoTs, pretty much anything.

#4 Beliandra

Beliandra

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:48 AM

I only heal on an alt priest, so I've never fully explored the possibilities, but I was using something called Chronometer that was recommended here, and it did the job for timing my Renews.

#5 heel

heel

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:06 AM

SpellWatch.

#6 know1

know1

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

Slightly OffTopic, but does anyone know of anything similar for Earthshield?

It's very annoying to not know when your Earthshield has run out due to either time or used up all the charges.
Easy enough to track on yourself but would be nice to have a bar for showing it for whoever you cast it on.
Also notification if yours gets overwritten by someone else's.

#7 kais[bo]

kais[bo]

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:35 AM

chronometer for hot timers. its also good for ES timers. although i am not sure if it realizes that it got overwritten. but if charges are up, timer should stop running. at least when my pwd shield is used up, it stops showing and dispelled hots/dots also clear so that should work.

http://www.wowace.co...es/Chronometer/

#8 Saeros

Saeros

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:46 AM

HotCandy is nice, matches bigwigs :)

#9 Zoefjoef

Zoefjoef

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

Isn't Nature EnemyCastBars a good timer? It shows a timer for a HOT on my target, but I haven't tested / seen it with multiple hots tho.

#10 Rogar

Rogar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:36 PM

I've used TTSpellTimer for a while. It's annoying in that it doesn't reset a HoT timer if you refresh it on a target before it expires. Instead, it will create a new timer, so you can end up with multiple HoT timers for the same target when there's only one HoT on the target. However, it does refresh the timer if you re-Shackle a mob, it supports other priest over time spells (PW:S, SW:P, etc) and it's very compact -- all reasons why I've stuck with it for so long.

#11 Maels

Maels

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

As a warlock I use DoTimer. I've never tried it with a druid, but it should function similarly. It tells you target name, time left on HoTs intelligently and is surprisingly customizable both visually and mechanically.

#12 Bekah

Bekah

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

As a warlock I use DoTimer. I've never tried it with a druid, but it should function similarly. It tells you target name, time left on HoTs intelligently and is surprisingly customizable both visually and mechanically.

This is the one that my fellow shadow priests insisted I try out =) Testing on scarlets it seemed to be very reliable about dots (which is what I really needed).
Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news.
Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men.
Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts.

#13 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18,079 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

I've used TTSpellTimer for a while. It's annoying in that it doesn't reset a HoT timer if you refresh it on a target before it expires. Instead, it will create a new timer, so you can end up with multiple HoT timers for the same target when there's only one HoT on the target. However, it does refresh the timer if you re-Shackle a mob, it supports other priest over time spells (PW:S, SW:P, etc) and it's very compact -- all reasons why I've stuck with it for so long.

I use that on my warrior and my warlock. It's a great mod. Like you say, it has some drawbacks, but the author has been pretty responsive to suggestions/fixes, and once you get used to it, I'm not sure that they are even noticeable. IE, if something adds a new timer instead of refreshing, I know which timer to look at.
See you, auntie.

#14 dema

dema

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

Have you tried Chronometer? It's a CandyBars timer for HoTs, DoTs, pretty much anything.

I've found Chronometer to be very reliable for renews and SWP.

#15 javelin

javelin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:06 PM

I tried downloading DoTimer at the reccomendation of my warlocks, but I can't seem to find a site that's hosting the 2.0 version of it that isn't constantly down(I DL'd the old one and it is incompatible). Anybody know of a good site where I won't have to wait until 2AM to get bandwidth to download it?
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should chellenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.--Mark Twain

#16 Dynatos

Dynatos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

Isn't Nature EnemyCastBars a good timer? It shows a timer for a HOT on my target, but I haven't tested / seen it with multiple hots tho.

The problem with nECB is that is resets the HoT counter every time a HoT is cast.

As an example:
0 seconds: Druid #1 casts Rejuvenation on the target. The "Rejuvenation" timer in nECB now counts down from 12 seconds.
3 seconds: Druid #2 casts Rejuvenation on the target. The "Rejuvenation" timer in nECB now becomes "Rejuvenation (2)" (to indicate a HoT stack on the target) and the counter begins counting down from 12 seconds.
4 seconds: Druid #3 casts Rejuvenation on the target. The "Rejuvenation" timer in nECB now becomes "Rejuvenation (3)" (to indicate a HoT stack on the target) and the counter begins counting down from 12 seconds.

The italicized parts are the kicker. The timer actually resets for every identically named HoT cast on the target. So, there's no way of knowing (a) Which Rejuv/Regrowth you're Swiftmending; and (b) When your own HoT is the one that requires a refresh.

#17 Jaithra

Jaithra

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:55 PM

The problem with nECB is that is resets the HoT counter every time a HoT is cast.

As an example:
0 seconds: Druid #1 casts Rejuvenation on the target. The "Rejuvenation" timer in nECB now counts down from 12 seconds.
3 seconds: Druid #2 casts Rejuvenation on the target. The "Rejuvenation" timer in nECB now becomes "Rejuvenation (2)" (to indicate a HoT stack on the target) and the counter begins counting down from 12 seconds.
4 seconds: Druid #3 casts Rejuvenation on the target. The "Rejuvenation" timer in nECB now becomes "Rejuvenation (3)" (to indicate a HoT stack on the target) and the counter begins counting down from 12 seconds.

The italicized parts are the kicker. The timer actually resets for every identically named HoT cast on the target. So, there's no way of knowing (a) Which Rejuv/Regrowth you're Swiftmending; and (b) When your own HoT is the one that requires a refresh.

And there's no option to change that? Now I'm confused because I use it as a DoT timer and I never have the equivalent problem when there's multiple Corruptions, etc. on my target - I only see mine. No idea if it treats DoTs and HoTs differently, though.

#18 Itto

Itto

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

This is the one that my fellow shadow priests insisted I try out =) Testing on scarlets it seemed to be very reliable about dots (which is what I really needed).

Also works fairly well for renews, although it tends to miss PW:S's.

#19 Dynatos

Dynatos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

As an example:

And there's no option to change that? Now I'm confused because I use it as a DoT timer and I never have the equivalent problem when there's multiple Corruptions, etc. on my target - I only see mine. No idea if it treats DoTs and HoTs differently, though.

If there is an option, I'd more than welcome the enlightenment - I haven't found it.

#20 GokieKS

GokieKS

Mostly Harmless.

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

I've been using DoTimer for both my warlock and my druid, and I like it a lot. The new version is a pretty good cooldown timer too.
"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."
~Douglas Adams (RIP)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users