• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 hhfire

hhfire

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

Is there a way around having to have two people in the raid? Or do I have to have a friend login under one character, form the raid, then have them log so they can continue on a different character?

#42 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

If you're the raid leader, and inside the instance, you can kick the other person in your raid group. If they leave, you'll get booted from the instance, but if you kick it doesn't boot you.

#43 Grahamiam

Grahamiam

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

I enjoy trying to solo old world stuff. To make the raid, I usually have a friend log on an alt, form raid with them, then log the alt off.

MC and AQ20 are the most profitable instances. Since AQ20 books got turned to grey items worth 10g each, it requires a lot of bag space though. Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker are both insane gold, but on my server I check them 1-2x per day and haven't seen either yet. We have a big bonus to our farming speed for these instances with ghost wolf, definitely makes MC and Kara less of a headache.

Cool things to farm beyond gold - Anzu mount, HMG Kael'Thas mount/pet, AQ40 mounts, Attumen mount, Utgarde Pinnacle mount.

Soloed:
All of MC
All of AQ20 (don't use totems on Ayamiss)
All of Karazahn
Skeram, Sartura, Fankriss, Huhuran in AQ40 - hardest part here is the knockback AE packs.
Several WOTLK heroics.

Failed:
Hyjal - I can get to Winterchill, but I cannot kill him.
Bug Trio / Viscidius - Too many stuns with trio, can't get enough melee hits (even with wolves and elemental and bloodlust) to shatter Visc
Black Temple - Trash is pretty rough, and first boss can't be done solo due to mechanics.
The Eye - While I imagine Void Reaver is doable, the trash was too frustrating for me to persevere.

I plan on trying Magtheridon, Zul'Aman, and Noth 10 in the near future. Other suggestions? I've heard Flame Leviathan is easily soloable. Has anyone messed around in Sunwell or SSC?

#44 Seam

Seam

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

I plan on trying Magtheridon, Zul'Aman, and Noth 10 in the near future. Other suggestions? I've heard Flame Leviathan is easily soloable. Has anyone messed around in Sunwell or SSC?

As Elemental I was unable to do Mag, the adds eventually killed me(Though if you have enough burst you can probably kill them all before they can heal), but was easily able to do Zul'Aman.

I don't think Void Reaver would be doable, since he still sends out the Silence orbs when you are alone, though. And Kalecgos in Sunwell would be impossible to solo(He resets if you go into the Shadow area and no one is outside).

Also, Lurker is killable, but the trash to him takes ages to kill, and can kill you if you aren't careful.

#45 Vesham

Vesham

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

Magtheridon is doable as enhancement, but you need to be able to do quite a bit of damage. The only way I managed to do it was to open the fight with spirit wolves and heroism and single target burn each channeler. When all of the other channelers come, I used Earth Elemental totem to tank them for as long as possible to reduce any incoming damage. Generally I saved an LL5 for about 35-40% when the channeler heals and try to kill him before any heal is possible. Shocks are a must.

Void Reaver to me was impossible because the silencing arcane orbs were unavoidable and you can't heal yourself at all.

Hydross I managed to do (barely) by just cycling my cooldowns for every switch between frost and nature forms. Just be very careful about the debuff. The moment it reaches 25% or maybe even a little before, Hydross has to be switched. Make sure to recall all totems as you switch (I've had a ton of problems with searing totem pulling him back and spawning even more adds). Make sure you have the gear to do this fight. With an almost full set of ilvl359 raiding gear, I barely managed to survive this fight.

Lurker Below is very simple to do. Make sure to clear all the adds on the upper platform so you don't get any fish spawns in the water which will really make the fight difficult. Otherwise, I'd suggest staying either inside the water of the middle pool to avoid the knockback or very close to the inner edge of the platform. Ofcourse be submerged to completely avoid his spout. When the adds come, run to one of the outer platforms and just kill the archers there. The melee guardians will teleport to your location and you can take care of them on that platform. This phase is when I would generally save my wolves for to pull the adds off of me.

Leotheras the Blind is a straight burn fight and requires a fair amount of damage. I took almost nothing in terms of damage in human phase, but once he enters his demon phase, be prepared to pop every single cooldown you have to survive. Elemental Resistance Totem is an absolute must. Around 10 stacks or so it will begin to do severe damage to you. At this point, I would pop my spirit wolves and later on Shamanistic Rage. You can do damage at the beginning of the phase, but I'd suggest almost spam healing yourself near the end when he starts hitting you for 15k per hit. You'll make it out of his first demon phase barely alive, but you'll have his human phase to recover. At this point though, you need to push him into his enrage as your debuff falls off and kill him before another full demon phase or you will die.

Al'ar in tempest keep was also doable. There wasn't that much strategy here. Just follow him to each platform and keep yourself healed up. Keep dps'ing him and the adds he spawns until he dies, then get down to the bottom of the room and tank him near a wall to avoid some of the knockback from the adds. If you can quickly escape from all of the fire, it should be almost a tank and spank. Just watch out for his melt armor ability!

The bug trio in AQ40 can be a bit of a pain, but if you tank them in one of the crevices to avoid the knockback, drop tremor and zerg the healer, you shouldn't have a problem.
Elemental Mastery - Lightning Bolt - Die - Reincarnation - Lightning Bolt - Lightning Overload Procs - Die

#46 Grizlor

Grizlor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, I soloed Bug Trio at 80, so it should definitely be doable at 85. Tank them in a corner for the knockbacks/fears. Use a PVP trinket and burn Yauj first. At 80 I had to put a shield on and use water shield/stormstrike for mana while I healed until my wolves were back up, but at 85 you should be pretty solid.

I'm glad to see huhuran is killable at 85. I tried her at 80 and it wasn't even close. I'm pretty sure viscidus is impossible, as only a DK has been able to solo him with army, haste potion, and dual 1.3 weapons.

#47 Pinochet

Pinochet

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Is there a way around having to have two people in the raid? Or do I have to have a friend login under one character, form the raid, then have them log so they can continue on a different character?

The easiest way around this is to group with a disconnected character. Just get a guildie to log in on an alt and alt+f4, and you're good to zone in and out of raids all day long.

#48 PDXMarcos

PDXMarcos

ME

• Allied Members
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

The easiest way around this is to group with a disconnected character. Just get a guildie to log in on an alt and alt+f4, and you're good to zone in and out of raids all day long.

Similarly, your alt can serve as the offline person by having a second person there to hold the raid while you log over.

#49 Sengiratolom

Sengiratolom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

As Elemental I was unable to do Mag, the adds eventually killed me(Though if you have enough burst you can probably kill them all before they can heal), but was easily able to do Zul'Aman.

I don't think Void Reaver would be doable, since he still sends out the Silence orbs when you are alone, though. And Kalecgos in Sunwell would be impossible to solo(He resets if you go into the Shadow area and no one is outside).

Also, Lurker is killable, but the trash to him takes ages to kill, and can kill you if you aren't careful.

You dont even have to clear trash to get to lurker, just use water walking.

I've been soloing magtheridon, hydros and lurker for some weeks on my shaman, karazhan was soloable @ lvl 80, but right now it seems to be more profitable if you just aoe down the 2 rooms of trash before moroes and DE greens to AH the mats and cloth.

As enh I was unable to solo tidewalker in ssc, as my aoe wasn't strong enough to deal with the murlocs and have enough mana left to heal myself up afterwards, best atempt was 50%, he might be doable for other specs if mana is the only limiting factor.

In TK: The Eye I was able to solo Al'ar and High Astromancer as enh, Al'ars fire immunity made it a 12minute fight.
The stoneclaw totem glyph helped alot in both fights. Void Reaver seems impossible due to his constant silences and knockbacks, best atempt was 60%.

I also did some atempts @ gruuls lair, but the maulgar fight is just to rng heavy to be solod, managed to burn the healer, the lock and his pet down, but then I got polymorph spammed and thrown around from 90% hp till death

Edit: fixed a typo

Edit 2: added some bosses

#50 grokulsham

grokulsham

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Cool things to farm beyond gold - Anzu mount, HMG Kael'Thas mount/pet, AQ40 mounts, Attumen mount, Utgarde Pinnacle mount.

It may be a stupid question as I'm just starting to solo stuff, but how exactly do you solo Anzu? It shows on WowHead there needs to be a druid on the party. I'd love to be able to farm that mount.

#51 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

It may be a stupid question as I'm just starting to solo stuff, but how exactly do you solo Anzu? It shows on WowHead there needs to be a druid on the party. I'd love to be able to farm that mount.

That requirement was removed with patch 4.0.1.

#52 bithalver

bithalver

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

To all who fear to try soling old instances: as enh shaman, I soloed all Molten Core at lvl84 in quest reward blues and greens (only exception is the alchemist trinket). All bosses went down on first try. Nearly all of the trash are skippable (but even Molten Destroyer isn't a real threat). Glyph'd Healing Totem is a big help for all bosses.
- I died on Lucifron because I pulled one dog-pack with the boss and I wasn't in the mood of killing the dogs after the boss died.
- Magmadar is tank'n'spank; dogs are totally skippable. I didn't use even Tremor Totem nor PVP trinket.
- Gehennas: take care of removing the curse on yourself; kill adds first
- Garr: earth elemental is the key; also put your back on a wall (not to fly big when an add dies)
- Geddon: just kill him in the tunnel; tank'n'spank. His aoe is no real threat.
- Shazzrah: purge his buff (I killed it with Geddon's mana debuff, no problem with that).
- Golemagg is nasty on his last 10% HP (have a healing potion ready there); use hero/bloodlust in this time. Also use MW5 only for heal for the whole fight.
- Sulfuron: kill the healers one-by-one; they sometimes heal, but thats no problem: your burst is faster than their heal :)
- Majordomo needs a lot of running (you can not hit any of his 'men' when any of their shields are up); any elemental is a big help here.
- Ragnaros: use MW5 for heal when you are knocked back; adds are easy without any big cooldown.

#53 Photek

Photek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

To all who fear to try soling old instances: as enh shaman, I soloed all Molten Core at lvl84 in quest reward blues and greens (only exception is the alchemist trinket). All bosses went down on first try. Nearly all of the trash are skippable (but even Molten Destroyer isn't a real threat). Glyph'd Healing Totem is a big help for all bosses.
- I died on Lucifron because I pulled one dog-pack with the boss and I wasn't in the mood of killing the dogs after the boss died.
- Magmadar is tank'n'spank; dogs are totally skippable. I didn't use even Tremor Totem nor PVP trinket.
- Gehennas: take care of removing the curse on yourself; kill adds first
- Garr: earth elemental is the key; also put your back on a wall (not to fly big when an add dies)
- Geddon: just kill him in the tunnel; tank'n'spank. His aoe is no real threat.
- Shazzrah: purge his buff (I killed it with Geddon's mana debuff, no problem with that).
- Golemagg is nasty on his last 10% HP (have a healing potion ready there); use hero/bloodlust in this time. Also use MW5 only for heal for the whole fight.
- Sulfuron: kill the healers one-by-one; they sometimes heal, but thats no problem: your burst is faster than their heal :)
- Majordomo needs a lot of running (you can not hit any of his 'men' when any of their shields are up); any elemental is a big help here.
- Ragnaros: use MW5 for heal when you are knocked back; adds are easy without any big cooldown.

Not to dishearten you, but MC was pretty easy to solo as lvl 80 already. Now at 85 is just a joke, every boss is just tank and spank.

#54 osc

osc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Soloed Hyjal Summit as enhancement.
Videos: Rage Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde.

Rage Winterchill is hardest boss in the instance. The main tactic is to try to be at full HP between casts Dead and Decay. So for this boss I used a build with 8 points in Restoration.
Anetheron - The most dangerous ability of this boss is a debuff wich reduce healing by 75%. Fortunately friendly NPC can also be the target of this ability, so when we tank him near Jaina he aimed all arround and debuff uptime on us is insignificant.
Kaz'rogal - Nothing interesting. Just kill him.
Azgalor - Run out from AOE.
Archimonde - Is not difficult for shamans. Do not stand in fire, decurse DoT, in fear use tremor totem - PvP trinket - tremor totem.

#55 Gondorath

Gondorath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

so how can you avoid the skill from azgalor "Doom". You need to burn him within 45sec to not get it dont you?

#56 Mano

Mano

King Hippo

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

so how can you avoid the skill from azgalor "Doom". You need to burn him within 45sec to not get it dont you?

Wowhead says that it's not cast on the MT. And it would be 45s +20s (duration of the debuff).
Originally posted by Cadfael: one boss short of a full clear.
Originally posted by Moogul: Am I the only one that thinks this would be a great idiom for saying someone is a bit lacking in the brain department?

#57 Staticus

Staticus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Been on a soloing spree lately (in full 359 gear with standard raid build until Hyjal, from there on I used the resto sub-build posted above), here's what I managed to do:

Classic: All instances, all of MC (tank & spank) & AQ20 (no pets on Ayamiss the Hunter & cast to bring her to 70%, the rest tank & spank), 5/9 in AQ40. The only tricky encounters were the Three Bugs (putting your back to a wall and zerging the Princess then Lord Kri then Wem seems to be the best option) and Fankriss (clear some adds in the room and just outside where you came in, together with some luck on the web wrap timings). No pets on Skeram to prevent MC.

TBC: All heroics, all of Kara and ZA, Maggy, 4/6 in SSC, 2/4 in TK, all of MH.

Maggy is easy once you have the channellers down, blow CD's and earth ele at the start, you'll have them down in time despite some heals getting through.
Hydross is tough but doable if you swap at the 2nd mark as posted earlier, but it was a close call.
Lurker is easy if you stand on the inside edge of the ring so the knockback doesn't throw you into the water. Circle strafe round the inside edge when he does spout (or go in the water if you prefer) and go straight to the platforms when the adds come.
Leo is straightforward too if you follow the tactics posted earlier, but I waited on the edge of P3 until the 2nd demon phase (so I could hit him during the speech, not really neccessary though).
Tidewalker is frustrating, and heavily reliant on RNG for resisting the tidal wave debuff (400% more time between attacks). What I did was swap to caster MH (FT/FT) when the murlocs came (more SP for aoe) as well as having at least 1 CD up (SR, wolves, earth ele, hero). Very random though...first try got him to 72k (would've killed him if I'd blown hero sooner), didn't get him below 50% for an hour and then killed him on the last try with a 25k crit heal at 5k hp followed by a string of tidal wave resists. Imp FN will make this fight easier, and the 4.1 changes will make it a lot easier.
Al'ar is straightforward but takes 10 mins due to his fire immunity (I used WF/FB). Kill the adds with your back against a wall and watch out for Melt Armour in P2, although it can target pets if you get lucky after meteor.
Solarian is annoying when she chain-casts the bomb spell, but otherwise it's not that hard. Kill the adds when they come, the small ones might be ignorable nearer P2.
Hyjal Summit I completed by following the tactics posted above. Archimonde nearly killed me at the end though, pretty tough despite removing 3/4 fears.

I did have some tries on KT (using the tactic where you fight outside his room) but even with the resto sub-build and pvp trinket I was unable to get the last 2 weapons down in time, whichever way I dealt with Telonicus (either burning him down or taking lots of hits while waiting for the stun to nearly drop off). Should be doable with the 4.1 aoe and another tier of raid gear.

WotLK: All heroics except Occulus last boss & ToC (both impossible due to mechanics), 3/15 Naxx, 1/4 VoA, 1/12 Ulduar (all 10-man).

Prince Keleseth (UK) has a 20 sec stun, but pets and CD's are sufficient if you keep yourself topped off in between.
Tribunal of Ages (HoS) is a pain. I managed it in the end by using WF/RB so I could pull aggro better, earth ele at the stairs in P3 together with magma/FN in the middle (on demand) to grab any loose melee adds. Killing them is less important at this point, make sure the earth ele lives though. Don't go near Brann in P3 as the fire beam will kill him.
Pit of Saron is tricky at the end, but can be done even if you die once or twice in the gauntlet.
Halls of Reflection is VERY hard atm. The add waves can wtfpwn you if you get too many melee ones, kill order is priest (interrupt heal) -> rogue -> footman -> hunter (decurse) -> mage (kill the hallucination first when it comes). The two bosses are easy by comparison. For the LK gauntlet, run right to the ice wall asap and nuke the ghouls then abominations then witch doctors, save hero and earth ele for the last wall and you should have enough time before he reaches you with that shadow damage aura.
The plague wing is the only soloable wing in Naxx atm. Noth is hard but doable once you learn how to handle the adds, the other two are straightforward.
Archavon is doable if you have a pet out when he does stomp, as he'll melee them instead when he grabs you. The other bosses require better gear.
Flame Leviathan is easy. Park a demolisher at opposite corners, spam pyrite and use a chopper to get between them (dropping tar along the way). Jump out when he starts flame vents, or he might kill the chopper before you use it.

#58 p00chie

p00chie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

i just completed my weekly rout through lvl70 content.

MH

Is doable after some practice and i would advice it to you if you want to start your solo adventure.

Gruuls Lair

Is also doable.

Maulgar

Just focus dps him down. He only got 550k HP. I started with wolfes to get aggro from the adds and pick Maulgar to dps. pop heroism right after that. When the adds are coming to you you should pop your earth ele and try tzo ground a spell of the warlock. fear of maulgar should be no problem but the disorienting is pretty lame. maybe you can try it with insignia. there can be some heals from one of the adds but you should have him down before the prayer of healing.

Gruul

Just tank and spank. I played it safe with a couple of heals to myself. Just avoid the aoe.

SSC

Hydross was not that hard for me. I switched after 6 Marks and took him down. You should do damage after the change immideatelly und wipe your totems before the change. i wiped 2 times because he attacked my totems and ran back to spawn more adds. pop wolfes and dmg reduce when the adds came to play safe.

The lurker was also pretty straightforward. I waited to the add phase to pop wolfes and to get the run speed. the adds do some dmg and can hurt.

Leotheras is also doable with some care. Pop dmg reduce in the last 20seconds of demon form and be ready to heal alot. heal up after that! when he gets to 2nd phase you should pop wolfes and bl. his demon form will do a lot of dmg to you!

I didn't tried the other bosses in ssc. maybe in the future.

BT

Naj'entus would be killable without a doubt when you could remove is shield or kill him in 60sec which would mean 38k dps. Not killable solo atm. His shield will heal him back again to 80-90% and after 10secs the next will follow ...
Some bosses in BT would be killable but you need a second man for Naj'entus
The trash hits pretty hard too!

Maggi

Is doable too. Dps down the adds hard and interrupt the important heals. The boss himself is pretty easy.

Lvl80 content

I tried Noth but i think its too much work for not enough rewards. Maybe when i get bored. But lvl70content is the most interesting and rewarding.

#59 Tluraxle

Tluraxle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

Golemagg isn't nasty on any percents.
Only nasty thing on him is a stacking debuff from melee swings. To cleanse it, just pound on his dogs for a bit and use some heals.
As an elemental, who doesn't get this debuff, he was a piece of cake on 80 and is even moreso now.

#60 Staticus

Staticus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Been trying some Cata normals, having finally gotten 4pc T12. Using the resto sub-build posted earlier and full 378 gear here's what I did:

Blackrock Caverns is fairly straightforward, just watch out for the big drakonaar's hard-hitting gravity strike. Rom'ogg is easy, Corla can be burned down despite one add evolving (since you can only tank one beam), Karsh Steelbender is easy if you know how to tank him and you might want to run away from Obsidius if you get more than 1-2 stacks of the healing debuff.

Throne of the Tides is also fairly straightforward, despite the little murloc waves being a bit trickier to handle with our aoe. Use hex on the naga packs and on those at Lady Naz'jar, Ulthok is easy if you run away when he fissures, Stonespeaker hits hard with some abilities but interrupt lava bolt and you'll be fine (second part is easy). You can fall behind with adds on P1 of the Ozumat fight but it's not really an issue, throw earth ele down to distract the blight beasts in P2 if needed and simply nuke.

The Stonecore is where it steps up. All trash packs require CC and you'll probably wipe on some due to hard-hitting warbringers (who enrage) or the earthshapers (who can also pull other mobs with their dust storm), and you'll require some luck and cooldowns to handle the big add packs before the last boss. Corborus hits hard (15k non-crit) and the adds will overwhelm in the submerge phase but fire nova can help remove them when he re-emerges. Slabhide isn't a problem as you can still nuke him and heal up in the air phase, Ozruk hits VERY hard (20k non-crit) but with luck and sufficient kiting he goes down. High Priestess Azil is surprisingly easier than you'd think (given our problems with high numbers of adds), use the gravity wells to kill adds and earth/fire ele to help out in P2 when the wells expire.

Vortex Pinnacle was a real challenge too, again because of trash rather than bosses (you'll probably wipe a lot). CC and wolves are required on all packs, you'll also need hero and earth ele for the young storm dragons (they hit for 30k due to their mechanics) as well as a bit of luck for the skyfall stars. Grand Vizier Ertan and Altairus are straightforward, Asaad is a bit trickier due to the skyfall stars floating around but with proper timing (for running to the triangle) and cd management he's not too bad.

I probably won't try the last 3 normals because the step-up is even bigger, and also take note that the resto-sub build which is so effective for doing this will be completely wrecked by the WS nerf in 4.3 (as we can't take both reverb and focused insight, making some of these bosses and many trash packs impossible). So if you want to solo any old instances/raids from TBC upwards, I'd do it pretty soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users