183 replies to this topic

#1 surrender

surrender

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:25 PM

Hi there ...

What about your guilds after the 2.0 Patch?
My guild seems to break, people leave and/or quit World of Warcraft because they are pissed of the "Before the Storm"-Patch and such...

The other half does nothing besides PvP, they don't even attend for raids.
This is the reason why people quit... We can't raid anymore, raiding is what they play WoW for - and they can't get it anymore until TBC.

It hurts to see how quickly the environment can influence a guild that exists since March 2005 and always was strong and healthy...

What about you and your guilds? Have you found ways to stop this or do you just relax and wait for TBC to come?

#2 Tibor

Tibor

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:28 PM

Our guild seems to have taken the patch in stride. We got our second Patchwerk kill, followed by a first kill on Grobbulus, and we'll spend our raid tonight trying to get Gluth down. Considering a very poor raid on Tuesday, due to UI issues and general acclimatisation, we're pretty pleased. And we're fitting plenty of PvP around it to get even more gear. This has been a good week for the guild, IMO.

#3 Dynalisia

Dynalisia

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

As I see it, the gauntlet that was started months ago by the appearance of the first bits of real information concerning TBC simply continues with its second phase now.

#4 Kalman

Kalman

Super Macho Man

• Members
  • 8791 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:32 PM

I honestly don't believe it has anything to do with the patch. It's mostly just the usual burnout combined with holiday absences. All the patch does is provide a convenient excuse for people who just wanted to quit or take a break anyway.
Melador> Incidentally, these last few pages are why people hate lawyers.
Viator> I really don't want to go all Kalman here.
Bury> Just imagine what the world would be like if you used your powers for good.

#5 surrender

surrender

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:32 PM

Well, could say so.
Although it really sucks to see your guild die :(.

#6 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12235 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:33 PM

We're adjusting to changes in Naxx due to talents and such and running a full guild AB group or two constantly since Thursday while also queuing for arenas. Morale seems quite good.

Aside from the servers shitting out every few hours everything is great for us.

#7 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:36 PM

We're in the same situation.
People are leaving (today 3), not coming online (35 today) or playing pvp.
Our perfomance on raid bosses also has taken a significant hit, it seems that people don't really pay attention anymore, we couldn't beat C'Thun for two days now, because people are dieing to dark glare or don't kill small/big eyes fast enough.
I'm kind of our of ideas on how to motivate them anymore, it just feels like nobody gives a damn anymore about progression.

We're currently facing 4 Horsemen, but people just don't show up, be it 8 warriors or enough healers. And I fear we won't be able to beat them before the expansion arrives, given our current speed on the bosses. :(

Stopped Playing

#8 Kasi

Kasi

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3454 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:36 PM

Actually our guild responded pretty well to the patch and all. Did a full instance clear on friday night. However my wife and I realized we needed to step away from the game for our personal well being. So while the game was still fun for us, we have to quit playing it for a few months. Kinda sucks, but it's the right decision.

#9 Brando

Brando

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:37 PM

My guild that's been slowly sputtering since the TBC NDA was lifted has now pretty much thrown in the towel in regards to raiding. I feel bad for the 20-25 hardcore people that have shown up for so long and labored with the hardship of raiding on Horde on a PvE server (really low horde pop). Sounds like they'll make a pretty good core group in TBC though.

#10 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12235 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:38 PM

We're currently facing 4 Horsemen, but people just don't show up, be it 8 warriors or enough healers. And I fear we won't be able to beat them before the expansion arrives, given our current speed on the bosses. :(

To be fair, your problem with having the right raid composition for 4 Horsemen is likely completely unrelated to patch 1.12.

#11 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

I've got about half a guild that really want to continue raiding and skip all the farm content to try and down a new boss (gothik and thaddeus are the 2 we haven't cleared but have access to). The other half says "screw it I'm done." Horrible way for us to end the 40man content. Several people, without the raiding itch to hold them in, are outright quitting (out of boredom from not raiding). I suspect that quite a few are going to split off before long just from being fed up with the guys that are holding us back from seeing some of the content we've been paying for.

#12 surrender

surrender

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Sounds like they'll make a pretty good core group in TBC though.

That's what I hope, too.
About 30 dedicated people left, ready to go through the new instances.

#13 Apparation

Apparation

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

We've had some quit, not to many but sadly 3 of them priests :( Only had 1 quit "because of the patch" or whatever (BS excuse imo). We're making due, still having progression nights got loatheb down just yesterday. Picked up a replacement priest, shooting to get another soon so we can have the target 6x priests for gothik.

Tuesday's raid this week, there were some frayed nervers. Lots of frustration with mods. Lots of "screw ups" but since then things are about back to normal. Conquering Faerlina / Noth post patch followed by a 1shot on heigan (who we had just 1st killed the previous instance reset) brought alot of morale back up followed by a high last night on loatheb as i mentioned earlier :)

#14 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4054 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

Our depression mainly comes from server instability making Naxx really quite impossible, fair enough in early AQ or BWL it doesnt matter much if you all freeze up for 10sec, but in Naxx its really quite painfull.

After about 5 days attempting to raid through UI issues and Server issues, people are showing clear signs of a lack of will anymore and even attempting to raid is becoming hard to do.

I don't know anything

#15 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15552 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

I havent seen it at all. Our raiders are raring to go, actually playing way more then normal to fit in the 2-3 pvp groups we have going practically around the clock. Like 30 of our inactives came out of the woodwork last week. A couple of nights ago, we had 71 people on =0.

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

#16 Eudaimonia

Eudaimonia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:56 PM

I think everybody had short-term depression - most guilds couldn't (or chose not to) raid for a few days afterwards, and it's frustrating going through the rigamarole of replacing addons (with every major site down) with new versions, and letting go of the few old gems that stopped working and will never be updated. However, when we actually got into Naxx and killed our farm bosses, with updated/replaced mods, it went very well. The majority of classes are happy with their new talents, and the significantly improved raid DPS is great.
It's always going to be tough adjusting to such sweeping changes, especially for the classes that received lacklustre talent changes, but WoW 2.xx can be just as rewarding for those enjoy the game and are willing to adapt.

#17 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27826 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

Varies from guild to guild, of course.

All I can say is to listen to your membership and have a feel for where people are at with regards to the game, and raiding in particular. Don't bail on raiding if you have a guild that's eager to keep progressing, but by the same token, trying to force raids when the attendance and motivation aren't there is a horrible idea.

We probably could've continued raiding -- we have close to 40 online most times now without anything scheduled, really, just because PvP is fun -- but it would've been touch-and-go with finals and such in full swing. And cancelled or undermanned raids are worse than not scheduling raids at all. I'd rather have everyone fresh and enthusiastic about the game when TBC hits, rather than on the verge of burnout with a few more epics.

#18 Bad Luck

Bad Luck

ffffff

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:03 PM

More like I-have-a-paper-due-tomorrow-and-4-finals-next-week depression.

I would kill to have the time to do PvP right now. I already abused it when the patch first came out and now I'm hitting crunch mode.

#19 KinetiK

KinetiK

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

My guild is still raiding, we got Gluth to 20% on pre-patch Monday after our 2nd Patchwerk kill earlier in the week. Last week was different of course with Tuesday through Friday being write offs raidwise due to nonstop PvPing and server instability but we killed four bosses on Saturday and tonight we're going after our 3rd Patchwerk kill. That said, we wiped five (5) times on Vael last night...
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. - Dwight Eisenhower

#20 GrizleyCQ

GrizleyCQ

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

We have pvp groups running.

Raiding is pretty much over though. All our mods and strats need fixing and with 5ish weeks to TBC and christmas/new years wiping out a couple raid weeks we are more or less done. Sucks that they broke raiding in 2.0 so bad. Of course it doesnt help that nearly half our raid is either a rogue or warrior. Our dps kinda took it in the pants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users