• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 nettik

nettik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

Ignore lacerate, its complete shit in terms of aggro generation. I've tanked most bosses in karazhan and my dpsers have been able to go all out without pulling aggro once. The best bet is to keep spamming maul / swipe / mangle - demo shouting when it expires.

#82 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7465 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

I can confirm that this works 100%. Unequipping a weapon makes you fully immune to the disarm/deaggro. Previously we double-tanked thieves and casters occasionally pulled and bit it; now a weaponless solo bear holds rock solid aggro.

A warrior with a weapon chain or disarm immunity gloves/talents stops it as well.

#83 Cryect

Cryect

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1413 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

If a bear tank unequips his weapon those thieves won't be going anywhere or raping any clothies. ^_^

Haha, I never thought of that one.

#84 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1284 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:48 AM

Ignore lacerate, its complete shit in terms of aggro generation. I've tanked most bosses in Nax and my dpsers have been able to go all out without pulling aggro once. The best bet is to keep spamming maul / swipe / mangle - demo shouting when it expires.

Well, math disagrees with you on this.

Lacerate when stacked to 5 is (155*1.1*1.3) = 221.65 damage per tic. "Rolling" it only allows for 4 tics so it's 886.6 damage per application. (886.6 + 106) * 1.45 = 1439.27 threat per application when rolling a 5 stack. Factor in your miss/parry/dodge rate (16.8%) and you're looking at 1197.5 threat for 13 rage, or 92 TPR.

Even with absurd AP/Crit (3500 AP, 40% Crit) Swipe only works out to be 75 TPR. Maul itself doesn't add very much threat above auto attacks, and actually gets worse TPR as you increase your AP when you factor in the lost rage from white damage (it's around 60 TPR at 2k AP 30% Crit with a true rage cost of 18.5) So in rage dry scenarios it's terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users