9 replies to this topic

#1 Relative

Relative

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hey all,

As some of you may know, we've been secretly working on a web based version of Rawr. This means no more downloading, no more trying to teach mouth-breathers how to unzip a file and no more "Oh shit I have 6 different versions of Rawr on my desktop". We went into private closed beta for Rawr3 some months back, hosting it here on Elitist Jerks and we're proud to announce that we're ready to enter open beta for the program.

This forum is here for you to talk about issues you might have. We do ask that bugs be reported on our Codeplex issue tracker in the appropriate format. We'll do our best to field questions you might have about Rawr3 here as well as on our Codeplex Discussion boards.

Basic Rawr3 FAQ:

• You must have Microsoft Silverlight installed to use Rawr3
  • Rawr3 can take awhile to load, please be patient and don't refresh.
  • If you receive a prompt to increase your file storage limit, please click yes on the proceeding dialogs.
  • This is a beta. There are tons of things which are going to be broken. Find them and report them on our Issue Tracker as bugs using the formatting linked below.
  • Use the downloadable (Rawr 2.3.XX) version as well. If Rawr3 is broken for your class/spec, Rawr 2 isn't going away for a while still, please use it.
  • This is a beta. There are TONS of things which are going to be broken. Please report issues that you find/have with the appropriate formatting (linked below).

Important Links:
Rawr3 Public Beta
Codeplex/Rawr Posting Guidelines
Bug Reporting Format Guide
Project Manager of Rawr - A theorycrafting tool for all classes and specs!

Download Rawr!

Check out our new Rawr3 Public Beta, hosted here on our very own EJ!
Rawr3 Public Beta

#2 golgarax

golgarax

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

Probably not the correct place, but I really don't feel like making an account on codeplex to report this:

operating system : Fedora 9
browser version : Firefox 3.0.11, running no script 1.9.9.45, adblock plus 1.1.1, split pannel0.8.8 and novell moonlight 2.2

On trying to load the page I get this error message:

Argument is out of range.

at Mono.NativeMethods.collection_get_value_at (IntPtr instance, Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.PresentationFrameworkCollection`1[T].GetItemImpl (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.PresentationFrameworkCollection`1[T].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Controls.Accordion+<>c__DisplayClassd.<UnselectItem>b__b (Int32 i) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[Int32] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Controls.Accordion.UnselectItem (Int32 index, System.Object item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Controls.Accordion.ChangeSelectedIndex (Int32 oldIndex, Int32 newIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Controls.Accordion.OnSelectedIndexPropertyChanged (System.Windows.DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Windows.PropertyChangedCallback:invoke_void__this___DependencyObject_DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs (System.Windows.DependencyObject,System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.DependencyProperty.InvokeChangedCallback (System.Windows.DependencyObject obj, System.Windows.DependencyProperty property, System.Windows.PropertyChangedCallback callback, System.Object old_obj, System.Object new_obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.DependencyProperty.UnmanagedPropertyChangedCallback (IntPtr dependency_object, IntPtr dependency_property, IntPtr old_value, IntPtr new_value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.DependencyProperty.UnmanagedPropertyChangedCallbackSafe (IntPtr dependency_object, IntPtr propertyChangeArgs, Mono.MoonError& error, IntPtr unused) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clearing that dialog box, I still have the normal splash-screen for RAWR, however the two hyperlinks at the bottom do not work On closing that dialog box I do have the main application UI presented, and mouse-overs do show the tool-tips for the default items, however there is no black background

Finally, attempting to use the File | Load from Armory menu option causes my entire browser to crash.

I'm going to guess that all this behaviour is do to a buggy implementation of Silverlight / Mono for Linux. I'll have to attempt this using Firefox on a Windows system.

#3 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Golgarax, could you please repost that in our issue tracker? You can login using a Windows Live ID on CodePlex as well, and it's not like creating an account takes more than a minute.
Rawr!

#4 rwexelblat

rwexelblat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

I have been unable to load a profile from the armory for two or three days. It just hangs telling me I'm queued at position -1.

#5 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

That's because Elitistarmory, which does the importing API for RAWR is discontinued.

Shadowed:

The code was bad and so EA was raping server performance, there wasn't enough visitors on EA to really warrant the resources it was using and since WoW is boring and I'm not playing it I nuked it.

How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#6 Gromran

Gromran

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Why is the Realm EU-Ulduar not in the Importlist?

#7 Hinalover

Hinalover

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:02 AM

Just as a heads up, with the release of tonight's 4.0.16 version we now not only have the online version that is linked in the OP but we have now started releasing WPF, or standalone desktop version of RAWR. These are going to be released at the same time as the web version. You can download the latest WPF from the codeplex download page. If anyone finds any issues with the WPF version please post an issue in the issue tracker with the title stating that it is a WPF issue.

#8 azgri

azgri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

I get this error message when i try to use rawr. [Argument_AddingDuplicate]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See Resources - Silverlight DLL Resources | Microsoft Silverlight.

But i can load my better halfs toon's info on the same coumpter. need some advice.

#9 NoPain9

NoPain9

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Don't know if this is because Prot warrior isn't fully yet. But he doesn't load my stats normally from ingame addon or armory.

My armory shows I have:
17.06% Dodge
17.60% Parry
60.16% Block.

While the downloaded addon & website addon gives me:
18.03% Dodge
17.33% Parry
59.78% Block.

These are both unbuffed.

So again I don't know if this is because of the Prot war not yet fully but thought I'd let ya know. I tried placing it aswell in the thread for issues but no reply so thought I'd remind you guys here.

#10 Castalina

Castalina

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hello there, i moved my characters into the new italian server Nemesis, and i realized that i can't load them on Raw from Battle.net, because those servers are not supported yet. Mind you to add them to the server list?
thank you in advance :)
Castalina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users