Photo

Should rogues just get two attack power per point of strength?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

In an ideal solution, itemization changes would just apply to leather. Cloaks, rings, trinkets, and weapons would stay as-is. Unless you're a hunter who routinely wears leather this would have no negative impact on you.
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

#42 Tyvi

Tyvi

Never, Mags. Never!

• • Guide Author
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

In an ideal solution, itemization changes would just apply to leather. Cloaks, rings, trinkets, and weapons would stay as-is. Unless you're a hunter who routinely wears leather this would have no negative impact on you.

But it has an impact on Feral DPS. It would actually increase it.

#43 Drakonious

Drakonious

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:23 AM

It seems to me that the strength arguement spawns from lack of itemization for bear druids, which is understandable.
Personally, I rather enjoy the split between Feral Gear and Rogue Gear, it's nice to be able to have a piece drop, take one look at it and go...oh that's for druids, or oh, that's for me.

You could, as people have, argue that it means less itemization for cat or bear druids and more for rogues, and you'd be correct. However, looking at class demographics; a rogue has 1 form: "Rogue" while a druid has 4: "Caster (Moonkin)", "Healer" "Bear" "Cat" so obviously there's going to be less frequent gear for one specific form otherwise all you'd ever see is Druid armor drops.

As stated earlier, buffing rogue strength causes a chain of balance and scaling problems that include: itemization, raid buffs, enchants, talents, pvp, etc. etc.

While in the leveling process I understand where Druids are coming from, but at the same time...for the first time, Feral and Moonkin druids have their own Tier Sets, which is a big step forward for druids.

If Blizzard wanted to fix the lack of itemization pre-70 for bear druids they could make all rogue friendly leather drops able to be "converted" to bear druid pieces or something, say by some Druid trainer or something, turning the AP into strength. It'd be something like AP x .43 = strength. That would save problems with flooding the loot drops with druid gear and make druids happy at the same time.

#44 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:56 AM

But it has an impact on Feral DPS. It would actually increase it.

Only in cases where there isn't a druid dps alternative. For example, take these two leather legs

Rogue dps legs:

http://thottbot.com/beta?i=16113

Druid dps legs:

http://thottbot.com/beta?i=17605

The first item is okay for a druid, great for a rogue. The second item is great for a druid, and pretty bad for a rogue (even if feral combat skill was daggers or something instead). If I were a designer with powers to do things, both items would be pretty good for both classes, making it a bit easier for either class to gear up and preventing gear rot

It seems to me that the strength arguement spawns from lack of itemization for bear druids, which is understandable.
Personally, I rather enjoy the split between Feral Gear and Rogue Gear, it's nice to be able to have a piece drop, take one look at it and go...oh that's for druids, or oh, that's for me.

Bear gear is another issue entirely. For bears it doesn't much matter whether it's +ap or strength, but the armor value has to be inflated for it to be worthwhile.

Right now they have to make five types of leather armor: Rogues dps, feral dps, feral tanking, healing, and spell dps. While the tiered sets help somewhat with this it's a bit silly.
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users