• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1262 replies to this topic

#1261 Ektoplasme

Ektoplasme

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

The answer is simple actually: a skull level boss is always at least your level +3. But they also have a real level, and it's not hidden.

For example, Doom lord Kazzak is lvl 73. If you go raid him as a lvl 65 for example, he is considered 8 levels above yours, you will miss a lot. If you go raid him at lvl80, he will still be a lvl73, but will be considered 3 levels aboce you (83) in regards to miss/crit etc.

#1262 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

The answer is simple actually: a skull level boss is always at least your level +3. But they also have a real level, and it's not hidden.

For example, Doom lord Kazzak is lvl 73. If you go raid him as a lvl 65 for example, he is considered 8 levels above yours, you will miss a lot. If you go raid him at lvl80, he will still be a lvl73, but will be considered 3 levels aboce you (83) in regards to miss/crit etc.

Except that isn't supported by the (right now, admittedly anecdotal, as I don't have any logs from 1½ years ago when we did it) evidence. At level 80, you could still hit TBC bosses in TBC gear at the expected amounts for the boss being lvl 73. The same was true for defense - you didn't need more defense than you did at 70 (before defense was removed at 4.0.1). It also would be a very weird mechanic to single out in regards to hit/miss and no other level influenced statistics. Each boss (group, type, individual) had all those stats coded to be level 73 - as supported by the evidence gathered throughout the years, which we have based all our theorycrafting numbers on.
This is getting a bit off topic, I think, so I'll just round it off by saying, skull mobs are considered the content level +3 as of now (and arguably always have been) - target dummies are considered for the content they have most recently been released in - there are now "Northrenders training dummies" clearly indicating that the dummies have been upgraded to cataclysm.

#1263 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

The time for discussing the "changes" has come to an end. These "changes" are now our class mechanics and can be discussed as such in the appropriate spec threads.
If this signature offends you please complain to the management.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users