• This topic is locked This topic is locked
635 replies to this topic

#621 black_assassin

black_assassin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

- Significant update to Prayer of Healing (more base heal + DA can proc for each target)

DA is already proccing for each target on live, if the heal crits. The tooltip indicates something totally different.
"and all heals from Prayer of Healing"(Cataclysm Beta Patch (Build 13277) - The Wowhead Blog) basically means, that it doesn't matter if you crit-healed or not. Prayer of Healing now ALWAYS procs Divine Aegis. This change is a 20-45% (depending on crit and mastery) buff to Prayer of Healing for Disciplin.
I can't wait to get my fingers on some logs.

#622 Hegen

Hegen

In gear/DCT lock pin

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Prayer of Healing now ALWAYS procs Divine Aegis. This change is a 20-45% (depending on crit and mastery) buff to Prayer of Healing for Disciplin.

Indeed - wowhead delta is much clearer here than mmo-champ. There also seem to be changes not yet listed on mmo-champion. From the tooltip deltas:

- Level 85 Inner Fire: increases spell power by 531 instead of 1350
- Power Word: Fortitude: stamina buff now 584, down from 1485

The simple fact is this. We are told to concentrate more. But we can only do that if we are allowed to go considerably faster.

#623 Link1704

Link1704

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

I wonder what made them change PW:B? It's pretty late in the development to be completely changing the mechanics of a spell.

On one hand I can see it being very useful in certain situations where a PvE boss has an unavoidable timed AoE "FU" ability where you can stack many people under the shield.

On the other hand 10s is not a large amount of time and it's utility is diminished in the situation where you only want to protect a few or less people with the big bubble.

The fact of the matter is, when you actually want to use PW:B, it goes away in about 1-2seconds. You don't even see the full animation if you're using it at a proper time. Having a 40% reduction on everyone is much more beneficial, and absorbing a small amount of damage. The effectiveness increases as the damage does, if you want to really get technical it could potentially absorb much more damage than the old PW:B did.

#624 Jeffonious

Jeffonious

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

The best use of PW:B on live is the transition to phase 2 of Heroic LK25, when everyone is grouping up for the valks and the 1st infest is about to go off. Due to the mechanics of prior phase it can be difficult to ensure that everyone has a PW:S on them.

The new iteration is much more attractive to me. An AoE shield wall is an extremely potent utility.

#625 Ellyh

Ellyh

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

With the combined grace change (24% is massive) and a 20% base increase in heals power we will be seeing a massive increase to single target tank healing that I believe makes the smite spec obsolete. Previously the hps of smite vs heal was close but these combined make heal simply head and shoulders better than smite for any sort of raiding. Coupled with the existing issues of hit box and random targeting I feel that smite will be relagated back to 5 man healing and pvp.

I also expect that a non-smite build will have the highest singly target throughput of any healing class now, even bigger than holy pallies though not by much. Of course pallies still will do more healing overall in 2 tank situations thanks to bacon. The other side effect is that pennance is now significantly less healing than GH so it makes far more use to use it as an emergancy heal or grace re-stacker than as an on cooldown heal.

#626 Richelieu

Richelieu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

(Deleted, duplicative of Ellyh's point)

#627 KalistraMerged

KalistraMerged

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

With the combined grace change (24% is massive) and a 20% base increase in heals power we will be seeing a massive increase to single target tank healing that I believe makes the smite spec obsolete. Previously the hps of smite vs heal was close but these combined make heal simply head and shoulders better than smite for any sort of raiding. Coupled with the existing issues of hit box and random targeting I feel that smite will be relagated back to 5 man healing and pvp.

I also expect that a non-smite build will have the highest singly target throughput of any healing class now, even bigger than holy pallies though not by much. Of course pallies still will do more healing overall in 2 tank situations thanks to bacon. The other side effect is that pennance is now significantly less healing than GH so it makes far more use to use it as an emergancy heal or grace re-stacker than as an on cooldown heal.

Exactly what I was thinking, but it then goes to the question

heal for 'standard healing'

GH for 'larger top up

penance for 'near death' situations

would maybe the way to go?

#628 François

François

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

About Penance on cooldown or for emergencies, I think it is not only related to the throughput, but also to heal per mana differences between spells.

(According to cata.wowhead.com) Penance is 14% base mana, GH 27%. As long as mana is a concern for discipline, and GH doesn't do twice the healing, Penance usage won't drop very low in the single target arsenal.

#629 Elimbras

Elimbras

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

I've not checked in beta, but if Penance still benefit of Borrowed Time without consuming it, it's also a great spell to use when you have the buff.

#630 Vigil Mortis

Vigil Mortis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

+ If you use Smite to stack Evangelism Penance costs even less mana (-6%).

#631 Koilie

Koilie

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Also penance can be used to attempt to apply inspiration quickly. 3 chances in less time than it would take to cast a gheal.

#632 Ultimoron

Ultimoron

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

In Atonement spec, the average smite is healing for around 4-5k in mostly 264 gear. Going Smite*3, Archangel, spam Heal and FH, with Shield, Penance and the Prayers when necessary, I'm having literally no mana issues at the moment. That's been the case in TotGC, Ulduar HMs and ICC/RS Heroics.

IT helps having Inner Focus and Divine Hymn on a macro for those 'oh crap!' moments.

#633 Carnathagia

Carnathagia

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

IT helps having Inner Focus and Divine Hymn on a macro for those 'oh crap!' moments.

Something to note, Inner Focus now only affects Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal, and Prayer of Healing. Throw away your old Inner Focus + Divine Hymn macros.
Emraldè - Resto/Balance Druid - Carnathagia - Holy/Disc Priest - Liltankh - Prot/Fury Warrior
Jovavich - Arcane/Fire Mage

#634 Ultimoron

Ultimoron

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

Something to note, Inner Focus now only affects Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal, and Prayer of Healing. Throw away your old Inner Focus + Divine Hymn macros.

Then I'll have to report it as a bug, because on my guild's Yogg+1 attempts, I wasn't losing mana from using the macro. I've seen the tooltip update, as well - I burned it in this past Sunday's attempt, and it was consumed as though it was 3.3.5. Interesting indeed.

#635 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

Then I'll have to report it as a bug, because on my guild's Yogg+1 attempts, I wasn't losing mana from using the macro. I've seen the tooltip update, as well - I burned it in this past Sunday's attempt, and it was consumed as though it was 3.3.5. Interesting indeed.

I just tested it. I think your eyes were deceiving you. Does not work as advertised. Although do note, Divine Hymn is fairly cheaper now compared to what it use to be; it's mana cost is similar to Greater Heal.

Tested both trying to cast with not sufficient mana to use Divine Hymn, and also tested using Inner Focus + Divine Hymn macro, it still took my mana.

Everyone should start from the same place and rise based on their abilities, desires, and schedule. No one plays MMOs to *be* powerful, they play MMOs to *become* powerful. It's the journey, stupid. The rarer loot is, the more cherished it is when you get it, but only so long as there is a reasonable expectation to get it. The rarer loot is, the better it feels when you kill a boss or when $AWESOME_TRINKET drops.

#636 Snowy

Snowy

Mitt Romney?

• Moderators
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

With Cataclysm upcoming, this thread will now be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users