Photo

How do I get flexbar2 to work? / Can any other bar mod do this?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Easar

Easar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

I hope this is not to specific, but I guess since we have a dedicated UI forum now this should be allright...

I was trying out flexbar2 but it seems to have no slash commands and the official forums are down (have been for a while?) and I can find any info on how to use it whatsoever. I can find no GUI and slash commands are not impelemented, so how do you use it?

I found this mod on ui.worldofwar.net but it only seems to add a few slash commands, but they're to basic for what I want to do.
http://ui.worldofwar.../ui.php?id=3558

Here's what I want to do:

I basically want to keep the Blizz Action bars, but want some buttons to appear/disappear depending on if I'm in combat, if I'm mounted, if I have a certain buff etc.

E.g. I want to have a button for Crusader Aura (+20% mount speed) when I'm OOC and mounted, because I constantly forget to turn it on. Then, when I enter combat I want a button with sanctity aura to appear if it's not already turned on because I forget to turn on.

I used to use flexbar for this kind of stuff, but the flexbar2 version still seems to be in development and not ready for use. If anyone can tell me how to use flexbar2 to do this that would be great.

Can any other mods do this?

Thanks!

Edit: Is this actually still possible in WoW 2.0? I do not want to remap buttons in combat, I just want to show/hide them based on my status.

#2 Lurchington

Lurchington

King Hippo

• Allied Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

I think the issue is that you also can't do anything with Blizzard's dynamic frames in combat. So if it'll work, it needs to play around that restriction. If it wasn't already coded to support 2.0 UI changes, then you're probably sunk.

I use Bartender3, but don't know if it does any of that, but I hear bongos can be a little more in-depth and may have an option for what you're looking for.

edit: at the end of "that one, special mod" there was some talk about PowerAuras that may apply to you.

#3 Easar

Easar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

I want the button with the aura to be shown *upon entering* combat, it doesn't need to change during combat. I think that should still be possible in 2.0. So if I enter combat and got Crusader aura on and no blessing I want Sanctity Aura to show up and Blessing of Might. These can stay for the duration of the combat, it's fine if they only disappear when I go OOC again.

Edit: Btw, thanks for the reply, I'll try Power Auras today.

#4 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

Hmm, last I heard, a version of flexbar2 with 2.0 support and slash commands was supposed to be out a couple of weeks ago. They did warn that a lot of the flex1 dynamism would not be available though. I'm not sure if the version on wowace.com/files is the new one or not, is that the one you tried?

#5 Easar

Easar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, tried that one, also read the wowace forums and somebody there asked if the newer versiosn had slash commands a couple of days ago, but they apparently do not have them yet (that's where I foudn out about the extra mod for slash commands that still works with an older flexbar2 version). I just don't get how you're supposed to sue flexbar2 if there's no event editor and/or no slash commands yet....

http://www.wowace.co...hp?topic=4445.0
http://files.wowace.com/FlexBar2/ (the oldest version works with the mod I linked above)

#6 Lurchington

Lurchington

King Hippo

• Allied Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

I want the button with the aura to be shown *upon entering* combat, it doesn't need to change during combat. I think that should still be possible in 2.0. So if I enter combat and got Crusader aura on and no blessing I want Sanctity Aura to show up and Blessing of Might. These can stay for the duration of the combat, it's fine if they only disappear when I go OOC again.

Edit: Btw, thanks for the reply, I'll try Power Auras today.

You're looking to make a change to something as the Regen_Stop or Combat_Enter (I forget which) event triggers. And since you can't do anything until it actually fires, I figured it'd still count. But I'm not as up to date as I'd want to be, so I could be mistaken.

#7 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

Event handlers for PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED are run before the in-combat lockdown happens, so you could make secure buttons appear when you enter combat.

#8 Easar

Easar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the tip, I tried trinity bars, but they're not actually doing what I want. I really want to keep tehd efault action bars because I'm quite happy with them. That way, when I play on the testserver I can always use my regular UI set-up and I don't need to do a lot configuration after major patches =)

Isn't there anyone who's using flexbar 2? I mean there must be some way of using it without having slash commands, other wise they wouldn't release new versions all the time. Maybe editing the savedvariables file directly? Flexbar forums are still down...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users