Photo

Warning for curii: 3. All discussion should be both polite and civil.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

User: curii
Infraction: 3. All discussion should be both polite and civil.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

We do actually expect people to go that far in the 'Optimal Sets / Item Discussion', is there is a small yet significant difference between precision and a lack of precision. So the poster you're responding was well within their rights to correct you, so there's no need to act pissy about that.

Original Post:

Do not be scared of a GCD under 1 second. While it isn't ideal, its not a serious problem. Avoiding haste for a situation that maybe lasts 20s per fight (IV+BL/Hero+Black Magic+Haste Pot+2pcT10) in a fight that is 5 mins long, is not a good choice. Gimping your DPS for 4 mins, 40 seconds is not worth the advantage of being over the GCD for 20s. Obviously the disparity gets even larger as fights get longer.

I don't think I made myself clear, I was talking about mage fireball spec. With more than 781.59 haste and taking into account only Wrath of Air totem (100% uptime) + Swift Retribution / Improved Moonkin Form (100% uptime) + T10x2 bonus , you get your GCD < 1sec. So its not a 20secs situation... Now you can add into account heroism, power infusion, black magic proc, haste potion, etc and find a number that better suits your fights. I said 800haste for the sake of easy math calcs but I guess you'd rather say I'm wrong rather than do the maths yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users