• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Saroz

Saroz

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

I've tried DamageMeters, SW Stats - neither seem to be what I am looking for.

SW Stats is fine, but the whole timeline feature is ridicules, it drains so much memory it makes me want to cry that you actually have to flush the thing yourself.
For most meters to be effective, more players have to use the same meter, so you can sync data - and it appears most people atm. use SW Stats

Have anyone tried http://www-en.curse-...825/minnastats/ ?

Which Damage Meter do you prefer?
Saroz

Author of sRaidFrames: http://www.wowace.com/wiki/SRaidFrames
... aswell as: BadgeWatch, Aurora, FuBar_AlchemyFu, FuBar_CombatTimeFu & Memento Mori

#2 Kalman

Kalman

Super Macho Man

• Members
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

I use DamageMeters, personally, but if you want advice, you need to answer a question: what are you looking for? What about DM or SWS makes you unhappy with them?
Melador> Incidentally, these last few pages are why people hate lawyers.
Viator> I really don't want to go all Kalman here.
Bury> Just imagine what the world would be like if you used your powers for good.

#3 Saroz

Saroz

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

I'm looking for something simple that just monitors dps/healing/overhealing etc. for a timeframe, I don't need historic data or anything complex like that - and it has to sync ofc.
Saroz

... aswell as: BadgeWatch, Aurora, FuBar_AlchemyFu, FuBar_CombatTimeFu & Memento Mori

#4 Kalman

Kalman

Super Macho Man

• Members
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

You have yet to tell me why Damage Meters doesn't work for you, then.
Melador> Incidentally, these last few pages are why people hate lawyers.
Viator> I really don't want to go all Kalman here.
Bury> Just imagine what the world would be like if you used your powers for good.

#5 kaex

kaex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

I generally use Recap just because DM's tend to be off for the most part, and Recap at least keeps track of how hard people are hitting so you can show them.

#6 Cryect

Cryect

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

I use personally a customized version of Recap based off a version someone altered that uses ParserLib. With a Combat Log distance of 200 yds I've not had any issues since recent Blizzard changes in 2.0 that basically ensures you get everything (example before 2.0 if you were on Thaddius phase 1 you couldn't see or get any information on players on the other platform with 2.0 they changed it so you basically get all information now). It essentially agrees with those who use SWStats and DM that syncs.

Few issues with it I need to fix and a few more extra features I want to add for more detailed tracking of data (I've been meaning to add data allowing me to see how often a move gets parried/dodge/missed instead of a lumped missed %).
I need to do something useless.

#7 Manabar

Manabar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:59 AM

Personally I prefer SWStats because it is able to break down almost any type of combat statistics that you would need.

#8 Nork

Nork

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:09 AM

Can anyone recommend a good SW Stats style damage meter that doesn't force you into synch groups? I reset my meters frequently (by boss attempt, for clears, etc), and don't want to affect the other people who want to track the entire run. SW Stats forces me to synch with the group, which annoys me greatly.

#9 nuaid

nuaid

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

I don't know of a specific mod like that Nork, but I think SW can fulfill your need regardless.

The beauty of SW Stats in its current incarnation is that with the timeline feature you can please both parties. If you do a reset before each boss (or anything else) and label it clearly, it works wonders. For example, if you're in Naxx and about to attempt Faerlina, simply type "/sws reset Faerlina". Your timeline will show that segment of the damage as "Faerlina", and those so inclined can merge the various sections of the raid whenever and however they please. If they want to see raid-long damage, they simply merge all the sections together and look at it that way. It took a bit of adjusting for my guildmates and me to start resetting reliably and naming things correctly, but we've been loving it ever since.

Edit: I hate grammar.

#10 Hammy

Hammy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

nuaid got it right about sw-stats...no need to reset.

As for the lots of data...you can have SWStats auto-flush so you don't keep a long history if you don't want it. Just set the threshold lower and you'll auto-flush a lot of the data without any intervention.

#11 Maestroquark

Maestroquark

What Would You Have Me Do?

• Members
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a good SW Stats style damage meter that doesn't force you into synch groups? I reset my meters frequently (by boss attempt, for clears, etc), and don't want to affect the other people who want to track the entire run. SW Stats forces me to synch with the group, which annoys me greatly.

To force SWStats to not sync, open up SW_Sync.lua, go to line 24, and change
SW_SYNC_DO = true;
To
SW_SYNC_DO = false;
I do this all the time since my combat range is increased (data is generally accurate) and I have different resetting habits.
EJBSG 32 - Apollo
EJBSG 27 - Cally; EJBSG 22 - DeeBaltar; EJBSG 20 - Tory; EJBSG 19 - Leoben; EJBSG 14 - Helo; EJBSG 12 - Starbuck

#12 tbone47

tbone47

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

how do you increase your combat range?

#13 Guest_wikberget_*

Guest_wikberget_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

In WTF/config.wtf you change these to whatever value you want:

SET CombatLogRangeParty "30"
SET CombatLogRangePartyPet "30"
SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayers "30"
SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayersPets "30"
SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayers "30"
SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayersPets "30"

#14 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

I think oTweaks might have a setting for combat log range also, if you want to take advantage of it's other features as well.
See you, auntie.

#15 Saroz

Saroz

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

I use personally a customized version of Recap based off a version someone altered that uses ParserLib. With a Combat Log distance of 200 yds I've not had any issues since recent Blizzard changes in 2.0 that basically ensures you get everything (example before 2.0 if you were on Thaddius phase 1 you couldn't see or get any information on players on the other platform with 2.0 they changed it so you basically get all information now). It essentially agrees with those who use SWStats and DM that syncs.

Few issues with it I need to fix and a few more extra features I want to add for more detailed tracking of data (I've been meaning to add data allowing me to see how often a move gets parried/dodge/missed instead of a lumped missed %).

Get to work and publish.
Saroz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users