• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Hex

Hex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:12 AM

Just glad pally bubble still stops falling damage.

Wasn't that supposed to be nerfed?

#22 ellina

ellina

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

One more thing i can suggest: dont go AFK while flying
Mage with slow fall can kill you using fireblast and when you come back the only way to res will be spirit healer at graveyard :(

#23 Kody

Kody

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

Just glad pally bubble still stops falling damage.

Wasn't that supposed to be nerfed?

Never seen any indication that Divine Shield stopping falling damage was going to be changed. Care to give your source for this rumor?

#24 Errand

Errand

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Likely from when they stopped Power Word: Shield from preventing falling damage, although I don't remember Blizzard saying it was going to hit paladin shields as well.

#25 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

He is one of the 3 Lost Dwarves (brilliant reference to an old game) in one of the dead-end nooks inside Uldaman itself where you pick up the headpiece for the staff, however i believe that they're friendly for alliance so it may be a horde only affair.

Actually the game is Lost Vikings :D

The Lost Vikings is a side-scrolling puzzle/platform video game which was developed by Blizzard Entertainment (then known as "Silicon & Synapse") and released in 1992 by publisher Interplay Entertainment.

IIRC it was quite cool, you could / had to switch to all three characters since all off them had "unique" abilities. :)

// Edit

One of the quests in Uldaman also requires the player to collect the Shaft of Tsol and Amulet of Gni'Kiv, which spell out "losT" and "vik'inG" when read backwards. The shaft and amulet are combined to form the Staff of Prehistoria, which fits the theme of Uldaman and also is an area in The Lost Vikings.

:)

Stopped Playing

#26 comatose

comatose

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

Best method i can see to fix the discombobulator would be to add a slow fall type effect to the lepper gnome. That way it doesn't ruin all of the fun in using it, while stopping it being 'overpowered'.

#27 Humbaba

Humbaba

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

A rogue in my guild told me he tried to discombobulate various mounted people Saturday and it wasn't working. I'm not sure exactly how he was doing it, though. I can only assume he was doing something wrong because I am 100% certain I fell to my untimely demise as a leper gnome in Netherstorm just south of Eco Dome Midrealm above the chasm. I had no problem running back and finding my corpse on the side of the chasm, though.

#28 Myonax

Myonax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

There are a few trouble makers that like to attack people using the summing stones on Warsong. When they are trying to get away I have found the approximate hight I can survive a fall from and get underneath them, DoT them up while I am free falling. With the new heath pools, even with 1000+ damage, CoA and Corruption are generally not enough to kill someone full life. It does make them very hesitant to attack again with half life and usually forces them to fly a good distance away to med up.

#29 McInaction

McInaction

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

There are a few trouble makers that like to attack people using the summing stones on Warsong. When they are trying to get away I have found the approximate hight I can survive a fall from and get underneath them, DoT them up while I am free falling. With the new heath pools, even with 1000+ damage, CoA and Corruption are generally not enough to kill someone full life. It does make them very hesitant to attack again with half life and usually forces them to fly a good distance away to med up.

I've been doing quite a bit of this on korgath.

When my parachute cloak isnt up I tend to not really try anything drastic unless they're already low. But usually 35 yards under them and arcane+sting, hit the ground, bandage it off and do it again is enough to scare off most people from being a vulture.

When my cloak is up the best thing I've found is to dismount just out of range above them and pop an ap trinket, arcane when in range, sting, scatter, silence -blow every instant I have- then parachute as soon as I reac them for raptor strike and an immo trap. Usually by the time the cloak wears off I can refresh the sting and get a second arcane off.

If it's really high up I can exit combat before I hit the ground and itemrack everything off.

If you need a shot macro to hold your hand then you are probably on the wrong forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users