170 replies to this topic

#161 Luceferior

Luceferior

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just another thing because its a current hot topic
The bug with the paladine seal has brought several guilds making progress they wouldnt be able to do.
Example: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

This invalidates hero kills being made, and therefore progress been reached.

Dunno how you can prevent that to affect the progress rankings?!
Maybe just dont accept kills from Feb 1st to 5th or so?

#162 Polar

Polar

GuildOx.com Author

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

In the 25+10-Progress you have that nice green up-arrows to highlight the latest changes in ranking. Would like that in 10-ranking too. :)

And a small but nasty thing: the new menu with the popup-sub-menues doesnt work properly in Internet Explorer. The 2nd level is shown but as soon as I want to click there the opened menu disappears (cause mouse leaves level 1 of submenu). Other browsers are working ;-)

Both of these should now be implemented. Yell out if you see any issues. The 25m lists might show most guilds as "new" for the moment - this will settle down after 2 weeks.

Also, I have increased the points for Spine and Madness heroic. This should help address the issues raised above.
Author of guild, toon and loot ranking site GuildOx.com

#163 reddrumjay

reddrumjay

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Just throwing this out for discussion...

How about denoting kills that happen post nerf? Maybe reduce the number of points that contribute to their ranking or something? Not sure how to address that really, but I think 8/8 pre nerf means more than 8/8 post nerf. With a weekly increasing nerf, the encounters get easier and easier.

Then again, people could turn off the nerf so how would you know...

Ideas or thoughts?

#164 Polar

Polar

GuildOx.com Author

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Maybe reduce the number of points that contribute to their ranking or something? Not sure how to address that really, but I think 8/8 pre nerf means more than 8/8 post nerf. With a weekly increasing nerf, the encounters get easier and easier.

I am not sure this is really necessary. We have bonus points that already decay over time so anyone that kills a boss earlier will benefit by receiving more points. I don't see the need to add a second tier of decay or penalty.

Happy to hear any other opinions.

As for denoting a post-nerf kill - it would be easy to show simply by looking at the dates. Do people want it called out though? Is anyone actually turning the nerf/debuff off?

#165 Saanu

Saanu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I think the point decay system is about as good as it's going to get. It's possible to turn the raid-wide debuff off, so you can't really know if a guild is using it or not unless you cross-reference their kills against posted logs (and even those can technically be altered by someone who is dedicated enough). It might be worth it to make an exception for major, encounter-specific nerfs that can't be toggled on or off (like the 15% tendon HP nerf on heroic spine), but that's Polar's call.

On another subject, I think it'd be nice if you could see a guild's regional and world rankings on a per-encounter/achievement basis in their profile. Right now, the per-encounter/achievement table in each guild's profile only has a column for realm rank.

#166 Luceferior

Luceferior

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

One thing I noticed earlier - and just noticed yet again - is that the ranking does not sum up NH + HC points.
Instead it just counts the HC points once NH is clear and first HC killed.

I would like (and suggest) that the ranking sums up NH as well as HC alltogether.
Its a bit "sad" to see that the achieved NH progress (speed) gets totally obsolete as soon as entering heroics.

How's your oppinion? (@All)

#167 ZurgZurg

ZurgZurg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hi Polar,

Love your page, one thing that I would find interesting, which I could not find how to do on your page or anyone else's is how to sort by certain achievements. For example I was interested in finding out how many people on my server have killed Heroic Rag, or other achievements that have a low completion rate.

Zurg

#168 Polar

Polar

GuildOx.com Author

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Love your page, one thing that I would find interesting, which I could not find how to do on your page or anyone else's is how to sort by certain achievements. For example I was interested in finding out how many people on my server have killed Heroic Rag, or other achievements that have a low completion rate.

If you go to any guild page (example) and click on the "achievements" tab, the list of achievements are shown in order of completion rate.

If you then click on any of these achievements, it will take you to the server ranking page for that achievement. Example This will show you the number of guilds on your server that have completed it. We don't have a "user" count for these guild achievements, but you could probably have a good guess based on the number of guilds.

#169 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Is there any way to ignore 10man achievements and kills?
We're a 25man raiding guild, but we do have some players that are not interested in 25man raiding and are independant from our main raid and decided to form a 10man raid group.

And due to a really crazy member situation during progress we had to skip some raid nights, which actually allowed the 10man group to kill Madness heroic before we did as a "real" with 25 people.
(Also, Madness 10man seems to be twice as "easy" as 25man, at least more than double the amount of guilds have him down on 10man according to WoWProgress (can't check on your page for the mentioned reasons)).

The problem is, now we show up as a 25+10man guild (which we really aren't), and in the server overview even only as "10man". And we don't show up in the 25man tier anymore at all (although all of our previous kills have been in 25man, and we have killed Madness in 25man now as well).

Is there any way to correct this? E.g. simply set the guild to "25man only", or even just remove the 10man achievement and have it replaced by the 25man version?

Stopped Playing

#170 Luceferior

Luceferior

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

(Also, Madness 10man seems to be twice as "easy" as 25man, at least more than double the amount of guilds have him down on 10man according to WoWProgress (can't check on your page for the mentioned reasons)).

OT : It are that many more 10man kills because there are more 10man raids at all (compared to 25m).
If you look in WoL the success rate of 25m is higher (11%) than on 10m (3,8%), although the overall number of kills are higher for 10m.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#171 Polar

Polar

GuildOx.com Author

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Is there any way to ignore 10man achievements and kills?
We're a 25man raiding guild, but we do have some players that are not interested in 25man raiding and are independant from our main raid and decided to form a 10man raid group.

The quick answer is unfortunately, no. Your first kill of heroic madness on 10m has categorized you as a 10m raiding group. I would like to say that just wait until your next boss kill and be sure to do it on 25m but you may have a bit of time to wait. You are going to have to stick with your 25+10 rankings until MoP.

However, I am working on something that might help for MoP - but let's see what the raid format for MoP is going to be - I still suspect Blizzard will announce something soon about raid sizes.

And as for Madness being twice as easy on 10m over 25m - I am not sure that I agree. Check out the average item levels for first kills and you will see that they are reasonably close:

GuildOx - WoW Guild Rankings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users