Photo

[Rogue] Are Sword Spec & Fist Spec really the same DPS in the end?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drastic

drastic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

OK, assume you have 2 statistically identicle rogues and 2 mainhand weapons that are identicle in every way except 1 is a sword, and 1 is a fist:

Do Sword Spec (5% chance to double swing) & Fist Spec (5% extra crit) equal out over time? If not, which one ends up being better, and how so?

#2 Cynic

Cynic

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

The Shit Heap
Ret DPS cycle against Patchwerk? Fist spec or daggers on Patchwerk? What rank of gheal on Patchwerk?

#3 Humbaba

Humbaba

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

I must have missed him mentioning Patchwerk. It may be a better idea to put this into one of the other 5 rogue threads on the first page, though.

#4 Lunkhedd

Lunkhedd

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

The short answer is that it depends. Fist spec will be a bit higher if you have no proc-on-hit abilities, since the extra swings from sword spec will sometimes come from instants and get less than the full benefit (as discussed in many threads), but the extra swings from sword spec mean extra poison applications and extra chances for hit procs to go off.

#5 Maniq

Maniq

Doesn't really think you're awesome - Sorry.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, that this is an attempt at a troll, if not, do you have warning labels on everything in your home?

I place my faith in Darwinism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users