• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Overclocked

Overclocked

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

I am in pretty decent guild, we have kharazan down for the most part and will be starting Gruul's very soon. I'm currently specced 31/30 and have little to no trouble tanking 5mans due to cooperation with dps, cc, good healers, ect...I hold aggro on trash fairly well in 5mans. Kharazan was a different story, as I've realized I must respec to be a viable offtank.

However, an offtank must be able to DPS in the 10 man encounters.

There are many hybrid builds out there yet none that impress me. Hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has personally first hand used the "new" slam in 5, 10, or 25mans.

A 2hfury slam prot hybrid build seems to make sense more than any other hybrid build. While the Endless Rage hybrid build seems pretty solid, it's not quite up to par on DPS as I'd like it to be.

#2 lav

lav

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

I have tried imp slam and while the numbers are big I seem to get better dps from duel wielding and doing the usual stuff. If anything imp slam is just a good way to burn up rage. I used to be fury/prot pre bc and I always did decent dps while not tanking. I don't see that changing and I am thinking about a 5/35/21 build for off tank raiding.

#3 Ren

Ren

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:26 PM

I offtank and DPS in Karazhan, and I'm finding that 47 Fury / 14 Prot works extremely well. You can DPS with the best of them and hold threat when required; whatever the situation calls for. Downsides: No Imp Demo, TC, or Parry without reductions in DPS.

http://www.wowhead.c...VzVgxoiuqocbt0h

#4 lav

lav

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

Don't duel wield when actually off tanking. In karazhan I spend maybe 1/2 my time in dps gear. Trying to maximize dps in that time frame seems to be my goal.

#5 Grymm

Grymm

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

I have 2 points in imp berserker rage at the moment as a 0/46/15 off tank. I might swap those into imp slam some day to try out a 2hand fury build. Ultimately, I find that in my full DPS gear (DWing) I would never use even imp slam. In tank gear, like on phase 1 Romulo and Julianne, I would like to use a 2hander because I have very little +hit. Even so, my DPS will suck. I think an imp slam 2hand fury build would be decent when you have the DPS to mix in a decent amount of slams. I'm not so sure it would out DPS DW. It might save you points (DW spec, precision) so that you could do 5/41/15 or something similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users