Photo

Arena Rewards (was "Arena Season only 2 months")

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#321 Lavode

Lavode

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

Well, you need the shitty teams to want to play, too :) ranking is relative, so if only really good players feel it is even worth trying.. Really good players will wind up with an average rating of 1500.. And no awards either. Not intended, no?

Observations from my own battlegroup. 5v5 has draconian competion . Started a team in a panic on litteraly the last day of the first week and lost something like 14-6 despite being in mostly heroic mode gear and the best pvp'ers I could find in my friendlist that werent teamed already. Second week went much better as we clawed our way out of our rating hole and we do expect to keep rising a fair bit now that we have a clue what kind of gear to get, and tactics to use.

Funnily enough I also started a 3v3 team this week due to not having enough online to spin up the 5v5 team and.. Well.. Quality of opposition was rather noticably weaker, at a rather higher ranking, than in the 5v5 bracket. Hunter, Holy paladin, Feral druid, and let me just say that having opponents so focused on chasing down either the pallidin or the hunter that they completely ignore the cat druid makes for some very easy wins. Mangle-> shred shred-> finisher. 2v3 game now.

#322 Masq

Masq

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:48 AM

There must be something they can do about disconnects -_-

Allow players to re-connect after they disconnect? Obviously, only PRIOR to the arena match starting.

Seriously, going into a game 2v3 without a healer, and losing 28rating is just stupid as hell. Considering you get 4-6rating per team you beat.

#323 vorda

vorda

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:55 AM

Allow players to re-connect after they disconnect? Obviously, only PRIOR to the arena match starting.

Seriously, going into a game 2v3 without a healer, and losing 28rating is just stupid as hell. Considering you get 4-6rating per team you beat.

The whole disconnecting - reconnecting - loading ui/zoning cycle defenitly takes me +2-3 minutes, by which the game is usually already over.

Just reducing the combat log range and not letting 'unfair' games start seems the best solution. (other then actually fixing the bug)

#324 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

In the latest Test build, the Gladiator's Spellblade arena cost is now 2625 (was 3160).

Now all the 1H weapons and off-hand items are 1125 points.

#325 Keline

Keline

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

You can extend your combat log range and see their names when they gain new buffs.

Does that actually work or (that is, have you tried this first hand?) because I think the Loading distance cap is serverside and for arenas it's set just so you can't see what's behind their doors

#326 Keline

Keline

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

In the latest Test build, the Gladiator's Spellblade arena cost is now 2625 (was 3160).

Now all the 1H weapons and off-hand items are 1125 points.

great, now we just need that paladin 1h... please?

#327 LuckyAC

LuckyAC

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Looking at the Armory, I am amazed at how low the spread is in many Battlegroups - top teams of 1700! In my BG, the top was 2219, and people here have been talking about similar numbers, so i assumed that was the norm, but it definitely isn't. I guess rewards may take longer than anticipated, and the difference between good and bad is lower.

"Elitist Circle Jerks" is doing pretty well, though, over 2000!

#328 Emth

Emth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:59 AM

We stay on vent and if someone gets the disconnect bug we all drop from the game before it starts. Our rating and win-loss record isn't affected.

Hmm we had our first member disconnect on entering yesterday, me and the last member hadn't joined yet so we left the queue. When the disconnected player came back online and was of course not in the arena, we lost x amount of rating and got a loss on our record.

#329 DiscW

DiscW

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:09 AM

Does that actually work or (that is, have you tried this first hand?) because I think the Loading distance cap is serverside and for arenas it's set just so you can't see what's behind their doors

I've tried it, it seems to work rarely. Occasionally you'll get a "soandso gains arena preperation" from the other team, other times nothing.

Edit: Yeah I'm blind, there's a whole thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users